Bolk parts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

The wife's Renault Espace needs new front shocks, the ride is, err, shocking (lurches over big bumps). Not surprised it needs new shockers as it's 120k miles/12 years old so fair enough.

I've seen Bolk brand shockers for just £35/side on the Bay, next closest in price is Meyle (I think) at £65/side.

Car is not worth much and I just want to improve the damping so I'm not interested in 10/10ths handling, just a bit more body control.

Anyone got any experience with Bolk parts? I'm told it's something to do with Mister Auto.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-BOLK-Front-Shock-Absorber-For-RENAULT-ESPACE-VELSATIS-BOL-E061067/291569527156

Turns out they were AL-KO parts, which is weird. I know AL-KO as a caravan accessories manufacturer, in fact they're based about 300 yds from where I live. I didn't know they made pattern parts.

Anyway the short story is I got these, plus a set of Monroe top mount/bearings, fitted them and all's good. Much improved ride and the old ones were shot. Also done bottom ball joints so there's life in the old bus yet. Dread to think what it would have cost at a garage...

Latest posts

Back