Cam belt pulley

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Has anyone found a direct replacement for the cam belt tensioner wheel & bearing?

I'm reluctant to replace the whole spring/tensioner assembly at ~£60 when it's only the wheel and bearing that are subject to wear - assuming the spring operates in its elastic region, which it must do.

I can see the plastic wheel and bearing bolt onto the spring and plate assembly so I'm assuming that it's removable.

Other cars I've done have a tensioner (just the plastic wheel and bearing) that's available for about £15-£20 and I'm sure the Puma one wouldn't be special.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-111555.png
    Screenshot_20210831-111555.png
    195 KB · Views: 48
The full Gates cambelt kit which includes 2 stretch bolts and the tensioner is available on ebay for approx £66 (although their photo of the components is wrong in the listing but that maybe a generic photo).
I am confused as to why you plan to change parts of the tensioner and not fit the whole kit in particular replace the timing belt?
Iirc, was this not something you planned to do over a year ago ?

It's due next year. Changing the full spring assembly seems wasteful to me, since the only wear part is the plastic tensioner wheel and bearing.

Yes of course I'll be getting the relevant bolts.

So again, does anyone know of a suitable part for the plastic wheel and bearing?

I found a tensioner pulley, it's a MAXGEAR 54-0775. Perfect replacement, like for like.

Note, the bolt holding the pulley in the assembly is reverse thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_210205.jpg
    IMG_20220418_210205.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Back