Cam breather filter (useful or not?)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello guys, i have seen in many modded cars this filter, in the puma an hose starts to the top of the engine until the airbox, i think this is the vent for the vapors and the exhausted oils, many guys says that this is usefull to lubricant the intake, because is in the airbox and when the engine aspires this can lubricant the intake system, other guys thinks it is better to put a little cone filter in the engine and not to the air box, what is your idea about it? The filters seems like nice but, it is useful or dangerous? Thanks :wink:

Leave it alone. You're likely to create unmetered air leaks if you mess with it, and also end up spewing oil all over your engine bay.

mmc757 said:
Leave it alone. You're likely to create unmetered air leaks if you mess with it, and also end up spewing oil all over your engine bay.

Or fit an oil catch can to remove oily debris. Clogs up the MAF sensor, butterfly on the throttle body and leaves oily deposits all over the walls of the intake manifold.

So for you is better if i remove the little tube and install a little filter or oil tank? :?

Lorenzo Zaga said:
So for you is better if i remove the little tube and install a little filter or oil tank? :?
If you Google oil catch can you will see what I mean. It effectively just filters out the oily debris in the recirculated air and prevents the gumming up of parts

Saw it on google, seems like interesting, but i have to make some brackets for it :?:

Latest posts

Back