Can't get in!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsAnArse

I'm locked out of my Puma, I left it for a week. Came to it and the car won't unlock with the fob.

Fob had new battery in when I got the car (probably September now) and has worked perfectly since.

UNTIL NOW (dun dun DUNNN) :lol:

Clock is on the dash, alarm light flashes every so often and I know the battery is charged on the car.

None of the locks can be opened with any of my keys. Feels like it turns and something stops it, read that this could be the deadlocks?

Is there an easy way for me to get into the car now without breaking glass? I'm thinking of trying to pull the interior handle with some wire through the door seal.

Thanks!

The usual recommendation is to use WD40 or similar and keep working the lock back and forth, without using to much force. I had a key fob just fail, the battery in it was Ok, luckily the key opened the door.

If your in the AA or RAC they should be able to windybag the top of the door out enough to open the opposite door from the inside with a rod and hook.
Usually with no damage.

John Woodward said:
The usual recommendation is to use WD40 or similar and keep working the lock back and forth, without using to much force. I had a key fob just fail, the battery in it was Ok, luckily the key opened the door.

Tried that, unfortunately no luck :(

Pugmanaught said:
If your in the AA or RAC they should be able to windybag the top of the door out enough to open the opposite door from the inside with a rod and hook.
Usually with no damage.

Good shout, I had forgotten about that. I should check my insurance too.

Tried getting into the car. Made a tool to pull the door handles. Tried both passenger and drivers side.

Both handles pull out yet no door will open. Keys still don't work, fob still doesn't work. I am very confused and frustrated.

Messed about with the keys again, spare (non remote locking) key after being wiggled up and down as I turned the barrel opened the car on the passenger side.

Drivers side still won't unlock with the key. Happier now. Briefly tried re-pairing the remote fob but it wasn't having it so will try another time.

Sometimes the Ford key cylinders from that era can get a little bit loose and need to be disassembled, cleaned and lubed and reassembled snugly.
Since you now have access, you might be able to pop those lock cylinders out and straighten them up so your keys will work in the future.

mmc757 said:
Sometimes the Ford key cylinders from that era can get a little bit loose and need to be disassembled, cleaned and lubed and reassembled snugly.
Since you now have access, you might be able to pop those lock cylinders out and straighten them up so your keys will work in the future.

I definitely need to do this now on the drivers side, that and re-pair the key :?

Back to driving the Puma daily and have to unlock it from the passenger side, drivers side lock still jammed.

New key fob in the post which I can hopefully pair so I don't have to keep walking round the other side of the car :)

I'll be changing the front door speakers soon so I will look at removing the barrel for a clean and lube then.

You'll need to swap the transponder as well, otherwise the car will unlock but not start. I used a s/h genuine fob and used the button part half of the fob with the original half with the transponder to save the faff of changing the transponder.

New fob turned out to be faulty, unlock button being intermittent but I did manage to pair it. I realised afterwards that the pairing procedure I did the first was incorrect. I didn't remove the key from the ignition before pressing one of the buttons so it wasn't pairing.

I re-paired the original fob and all is working.

Hi, maybe it too late but I have similar problem 1-2 month before.
When I removed the battery, one door was lock and one was not, key was in the car.
At the moment I connected the battery ,both doors was closed.
Cannot open the car and feeling the same : frustrated.
With a king of hook, an item to stock the clothed I success.
You only have to the reach the handle.
I was happy to success in only 15minutes but scared in the same time ... i never do that in my life and puma are so easy to steal.

alex171515 said:
Hi, maybe it too late but I have similar problem 1-2 month before.
When I removed the battery, one door was lock and one was not, key was in the car.
At the moment I connected the battery ,both doors was closed.
Cannot open the car and feeling the same : frustrated.
With a king of hook, an item to stock the clothed I success.
You only have to the reach the handle.
I was happy to success in only 15minutes but scared in the same time ... i never do that in my life and puma are so easy to steal.

Thanks! Unfortunately it was my locks that were seized, the deadlocks were on so the car couldn't be opened from inside.

Latest posts

Back