Can't open my door

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martysport

98 Puma, this morning I pressed the remote to unlock the car (you could hear the servos working) yet the driver door wouldn't open. I tried with the key and got the same result. Passenger door works fine with both remote and key. I got inside the car (via the passenger door which isn't easy if you are fat like me :'( ) and I couldn't open the driver door from the inside either. When you cycle the central locking the lever inside moves as it should and you also can here the mechanism working too. Now here's the weird part, when you then try and open the drivers door (from inside or outside) the central locking instantly locks the car. I'm guessing a sensor has malfunctioned somewhere? I disconnected the battery to see if the door would open before the central locking had chance to lock it again but it still won't open :(
At this point I'm stuck, I'm guessing I need to get the door card off to look at it but how if the door won't open any ideas?

That does sound very strange, other than the locking itself part it almost sounds like everything is working except the mechanical part to release the lock.

As for how to get the door open, I have no ideas, sorry. But I wish you luck.

It sounds a bit like the description in this thread: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=313364#p313364

No idea how the OP managed to get the door card off with it closed though.

I think a recovery service or garage could probably break in to it i.e. open the door with a hanger or whatever it is the kids do.

Latest posts

Back