Changed Battery and now car won’t turn over

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy_kidd

Hi there, I wondered if someone could help?

I recently changed the battery in my Puma (it was laid up for a while and died) I tried charging it but it wouldn’t hold so we replaced it. Now when I open the car (remote locking working), put the key into the Ignition and turn it to position 1 then 2, dash lights come on as normal then go off, all except oil and battery lights (which stay on I believe until the engine starts?) turn the key to start and nothing....

The clock is working, immobiliser light on clock flashes and then goes off, dials aren’t sweeping, digital mileage appears on dash, electric windows working, battery putting out 13A on multimeter.

Any advice?

Possible that you haven't connected the starter motor cable to the new battery?

That's probably a bad battery cable. Try jumping around the battery cable by running a jumper directly to the starter in order to confirm.

Battery cables of this age can get corroded under the insulation causing them to pass just enough current to make you think the battery is okay but not enough to turn it over.

Latest posts

Back