Clips to hold the parcel shelf strings!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubatoo

Puma Supporter
I have done a foolish thing today, Grrrr!
I took out the parcel shelf then failed to engage it properly. Upshot is I have broken the plastic loops that fix the lifter strings to the boot lid, FFS! I managed not to do it for 14 years!
Has anyone got intact replacements they can sell me please?

Got them now, thanks for the suggestion John. However forgot to put them on before I went to Shropshire with the Puma on hols so have been holding up the parcel shelf all week to get stuff out of the boot!

I recently took my parcel shelf out and wasn't planning on putting in back because every time I opened my boot, it sorta exploded and popped out. Perhaps I am missing this too, could I get a close-up picture from someone so I could compare?
Thanks in advance!

I think your problem may be that you are not pushing the shelf holders far enough into the slot. it's hiw I broke the strings in the first place as for the first time ever I failed to secure the shelf property and came loose and got stuck in the tailgate when I opened it again!
Push the rubber buttons on the end of the shaft as far ad they will go but push on the metal shaft, not the shelf as the shafts are not fixed to the shelf very well and may break loose if you push the shelf.
It's dark so will take pics in the morning!

I also need to buy the plastic retaining pins (Black) that hold this boot plastic trim in place and attach to the the parcel shelf string which raises & lowers the parcel shelf. Haven't found them on Ebay except Mk 111 Mondeo.
Are these any good?

I think your problem may be that you are not pushing the shelf holders far enough into the slot. it's hiw I broke the strings in the first place as for the first time ever I failed to secure the shelf property and came loose and got stuck in the tailgate when I opened it again!
Push the rubber buttons on the end of the shaft as far ad they will go but push on the metal shaft, not the shelf as the shafts are not fixed to the shelf very well and may break loose if you push the shelf.
It's dark so will take pics in the morning!
Thanks!

The original Ford pins, apart from holding the "string" hangers also fasten the trim to the metal bodywork. When I needed new ones, as the Fords was no longer available, I searched everywhere for replacements, without success, as most had fastening ends too short to fasten the trim to the metal bodywork (apart from the "beige" Mondeo ones.
I finally purchased some Citroen/Peugeot ones.
I had to slightly open up the holes a little at a time for them to fit, and they will only fit hangers with a string loop at top.
IMG_20210906_155703_hdr.jpgIMG_20210908_170746_hdr.jpgIMG_20210908_171201_hdr.jpgIMG_20210908_171320_hdr.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115902587304

Back