Cylinder heads

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboard

Throwing this out to all, would there be any interest or uptake of an affordable cylinder head overhaul and gas flow service??
Basically, your head or an exchange item.
Stripped, cleaned and checked for problems.
Gas flowed for improved overall performance.
Valves lapped in and rebuilt with love 😘
The cleaning, port work and everything outside of machine work (skimming / valve seats / guides and any new parts) probably around £150

Any interest??

Hi.
That sounds good as I have a spare engine I am planning to strip down this year.
Just out of interest are you able to add give additional costs such as...
Price per valve
price per seat
price of skim
Price per guide

It would all depend on what valves were needed, seats can vary too but I personally wouldn’t do any of that.
I’ve got a local machine shop I trust so pretty much regular shop prices.
My thing is the tuning and flow work… you know, the really horrible nasty cutting, grinding and shaping work.
Most people can’t afford hundreds and hundreds for a few extra hp and a wider spread of power so this is a cost effective, reliable renovation with a moderate tune.
Nice

I could possibly be interested too if this is something I could have done along with using a turbocharger.

Devon, nicely tucked out of harms way.
I’ve started the first couple of heads already as I can take my time with these.
Buzz if needed.

J

Thanks Waterboard, I'm from near Tavistock so sometimes get down that way to see family. Ideally this would happen over winter while my Puma isn't in use, unless I can find a 2nd hand head.

I’ve got plenty of good unworked heads not doing much and I’ve started on a couple but taking my time on them 😊

Right, I’ve got a workbench set up and gathered all the tools as just moved house - soooooo much fun..
I’ve got 3 x 1.7 heads to work, I’ll take some pictures as I go and post up if I can but I’m working leisurely on this so maybe a week and one should be ready.
It would usually take a day or two depending on what condition it’s in but these days we don’t polish intakes any more, only the exhausts.

Now…. Where did that burr go…. Hmmmm

Reactions: red
Back