Endangered species - How many left figures out

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from rust, what will be the unobtainium part that people wont be able to get anymore that ends these cars?
Headlights? Front windscreen? Wiring harnesses? Petrol?

mmc757 said:
Aside from rust, what will be the unobtainium part that people wont be able to get anymore that ends these cars?
Headlights? Front windscreen? Wiring harnesses? Petrol?
Engine components and suspension parts, they're already started to get thin on the ground. As the amount of pumas on the road drops aftermarket parts manufacturers will start dropping production of parts. It was getting that way with my 924, turbo models use a crank position sensor that is now unavailable from Porsche and there are no aftermarket alternatives so when it breaks the car is essentially an ornament and good second hand sensors go for silly money.
This small sensor is worth more second hand than the average puma.
Screenshot_20220505-144142.pngScreenshot_20220505-144420.png

National Windscreens can no longer get a heated front Windscreen(also no longer available from Fords). Auto Glass had some stock a few months ago.

Hi.
I picked a screen up two years ago for £25. It is now stored under the bed. I bought it after I found that new heated screens were unavailable.
Numbers of 1.7's taxed on the road now stands at 1791.
Richard.

Latest posts

Back