Expressed Steel - Inner Sills

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedrave

Hi all,

Long time no speak with many of you. Lot's has happened with the Yella Fella over the last few years, probably take me a good week to sit and write up a full update on my thread which I will get around to at some point!

In the fun stage of gathering parts and prices for what Dad always wanted to do all those years ago when the build started - FRP conversion at last. Will be having the shell blasted and treated with all fab work and paint carried out by the team at Brewster Motors here in Essex.

Onto the real reason for starting this topic; the inner sills. I've just today been in touch with Expressed Steel Panels to enquire about replacement inner sills. I'd seen on an old thread (https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=372977#p372977) that XAF has sent a set of inner sills to them to be remade. I was informed that the full inners would be made first, before any 'repair' panels / sections made so I have put my name down as an order for these full length inners. Given a lead time of 12 months - wooooo...

FRP rear quarter panels are a current lead time of around 6-7 months so will get on and order those in a few months time. Full length outer sills are currently around 7-8 weeks so will leave that till nearer the time to accumulate.

No deposit needed for an order of inner sills, so if anyone out there is looking to replace theirs I would advise calling and putting your name down to register some interest and hopefully we can get the ball rolling a bit quicker on things!

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan!

This sounds like it will be amazing.. even with the long lead times, just got to keep up the enthusiasm for it while waiting

Look forward to seeing it progress!

Hey Dan,

I contacted Ex-pressed only 3 weeks ago inquiring about inner sills, and there was no mention of anything in the pipeline. I was trying to get hold of full inners, full outters and wheel arches, but since it seemed like the inner sills where never likely to come into fruition I never bothered to order the other bits as I wanted to do a proper job changing the whole lot while the car is just a bare shell.

Do you have any idea of what the "full length inners" exactly consists of, as there is a long section that goes all the way along the length of the floor pan and meets the wheel arch, but also there are two sections of steel that fit between the two door pillars / rear wheel arch and pillar?

Cheers,
Jack

Hi Jack,

From what I've seen on this and other forums / pages regarding Expressed Steel, they like to take their sweet time with things because they are clearly running a very very busy operation down there. You may have spoken to someone different on the phone who wasn't aware of the inner sills, but let's hope I have not been fooled!

Sadly I don't know what the inner sill would consist of, when I asked would it be a full length piece or a shorter repair piece the lady told me it would be the full length piece first as that is how they usually operate when producing new items like that; full length first and then create a shorter, cheaper repair section if required.

Sorry I can't be of much more help to you there I'm afraid!

Thanks,
Dan

Back