Ford Fair - 6th August 2017 - Silverstone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie

Sunday 6th August 2017
Silverstone

Club Booking Closed

Meet Point

Time: 06:30 am

Tesco Towcester.jpg

We'll convoy from there at 06:45 sharp, to avoid the majority of queues on the way in.

Meeting here is not compulsory, as you will all receive your ticket(s) directly by email in the week before the show. Please print them off if you can to avoid any potential technical difficulties of reading the ticket from your smartphone. If you don't want to meet us here, then please ensure you get to the stand before 8am. If you leave it much later than this to try and get in, be prepared to spend at least and hour queuing to get in... you have been warned!!

There are a few things that I would recommend bringing with you.

Sun cream
Even on a hazy day, it's still the middle of summer, and without it you will burn. Please don't think that you'll be fine, and you don't normally burn. You're outside in the sun for around 10 hours. You. Will. Burn.

Umbrella / Waterproof
Because we're in Britain, and rain is always a risk.

Drinks & snacks
There is always a wide variety of food vendors at the show, but their prices are always extortionate.

Cash
There are cash points at the circuit now, but they may charge for the privilege (I've never used them, so don't know). Although most of the larger traders now have mobile card readers, you don't want to get caught out if they have technical difficulties. Also, the ice cream van doesn't take cards, and who can go to a car show and not have at least one Mr Whippy?!

It's also worth considering bringing a spare key if you have one, and giving it to someone you trust to hold on to. With how many times you'll be in and out of your car during the day, there's always a risk that you'll lock your keys in the boot. You don't want to be that person who has to call the AA out to get them back in their car!

EDIT: 30-07-17

Heard that the stand to collect your "free" T-Shirt is in the area in front of the Medical Centre.
From our stand in B18 - over the bridge over the Wellington Straight to the roundabout - bear slightly left and it should be on the left somewhere..
Ford Fair 2017 T-shirts.jpg

• Dal & Cherie
  • tuonokid x2
  • trublustu
  • Pumababe
  • LordB
  • trueblue
  • mad_vicki
  • Mattgeorge72
  • paulsmiffy
  • zoe tea
  • Fatford666
  • Demonskull13
  • LunarLizard
  • Xaf x2
  • Roomy
  • kimbosdavidual x2
  • Blue3
  • Pumanoob
  • Robyorks
  • spenman1397
  • mogsa98 x2
  • spenman1397
  • McCloud 85
  • bigal82
  • pumamark
  • ian cox
  • redexr
  • Jamesfrp333 x2
  • grayfox
  • Steavie
  • Philcostello

36 pumas + 1 RS

I really could do with booking it but I can't really justify paying best part of £100 for the sake of a bit more sleep :?
I'll just get up at 'crack o' dawn' and drive there on the day, have a decent nap when we're in and parked up :)

This jear it is not possible for me to go to the Ford Fair. My 3 weeks service in the swiss army witch i have all jear are this jear exactli in this time.
I wish all a a beautifull day at Silverstone.
I hope i will see you next jear.

I definitely want to be there this year, especially as its the 20th anniversary of the car.

Wondering if we can do something on the day to "big up" the model, maybe try and get a display of every model including the limited editions....every reg year...colour etc....or as best we can get. I would be happy to bring the green P reg along, albeit on a trailer as it wont be roadworthy.

Hi Yvonne
I was going to PM you the code but my messages aren't working. I wonder if everyone's in the same boat????
Barry

I can`t comment on the messaging.

But can confirm that I have booked onto the stand for 2017
With a couple of tracktime sessions in the afternoon into the bargain..

tuonokid said:
Hi Yvonne
I was going to PM you the code but my messages aren't working. I wonder if everyone's in the same boat????
Barry

I couldn't PM Cherie yesterday either. just getting an SQL message I think there was an issue the other day too

If you email Cherie directly then I'm sure she'll give you the code :eek:k:

[email protected]

And yes, there are a few parts of the forum that are broken at the moment - the PM system being one of them.

Latest posts

Back