Ford Focus Zetec S

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
So you may have seen my previous thread about buying this, well I picked it up today and tested it with a 30 mile drive in to the office!

DSC_0318_zpsfcrgd8z6.jpg

Absolutely dreadful weather this is just a quick photo of arrival at the office.

Picked it up on 41,000 which for a 01/11 registered car is under average (Assuming you follow servicing guidelines it'd be 62,500 come December)

Really pleased with my service from TC Harrison Huntingdon who made the process easy and smooth.

The car's been serviced at the same TCH every December since new.

Won't bore you any longer but I'm chuffed with it :grin:

Thanks oilburner :grin:

I thought about ST wheels, but I quite like these for now

A couple of the rear

DSC_0322_zpsckjv1v7y.jpg

DSC_0321_zpsuwplmfcl.jpg

DSC_0319_zpsr4670kdn.jpg

:cool: Cheers Neil!

Gotta keep an eye on the voice / phone integration as on my way back from Gatwick yesterday it stopped working properly then worked after the car had be turned off and on again (that old classic)

Should be the standard fix in your line of work mate!

Does look good - bet it'll polish up a treat.

red said:
:cool: Cheers Neil!

Gotta keep an eye on the voice / phone integration as on my way back from Gatwick yesterday it stopped working properly then worked after the car had be turned off and on again (that old classic)

My Civic does the same thing despite the Bluetooth being permanently on on my phone. A techie reboot of the car usually sorts it.

Just got my pants pulled down for the 2015 maps up date for the Ford / Blaupunkt TravelPilot FX - £105

I could've just carried on using my phone but it's quite nice having it all built-in with the volume integration for phone calls / radio etc.

There's also a firmware upgrade for the stereo, I checked and it has the original:-

0828_090731
N0967VF__6.4C1P21

Which is software version 0828 release data 31/07/2009

The latest is:-

0841_110810
N0967VF_6.4C1P22

Version 0841 released 10/08/2011 and includes a number of fixes/features and supposedly makes it more responsive.

I do have a copy already but the TomTom maps I've just ordered include the CD too so I'm just going to wait for that rather than wasting another disc.

This'll hopefully mean that the TMC traffic re-direction is more accurate since currently it's using a number of roads which have been upgraded in the last 5 years.

The car was at Ford too recently because the phone integration was having a couple of issues, they updated something (I assume the Bluetooth module) and that seems to be better now.. this also now gives me signal strength on the integrated display which is nice.

Haven't been here for a while :cool: (in this thread, not on the forum of course!)

So just adding to my previous hopefulness, the map/software update fixed the crashing issue BUT also disabled TMC which was rather annoying!! It turns out that after 2013 or so Ford no longer had the agreement in place for TMC in the new releases, so you can use TMC.. as long as you don't mind driving across fields where new roads in fact exist. I've opted to keep the new maps.

Just had the MOT done today, excellent service at TCH Huntingdon again, not been disappointed there so far, had my service done there last December also.

Car passed with no advisories at 57,666 miles, the Goodyear tyres I put on all round back on 13/02 are wearing evenly all round and are 25% worn on the front (according to their Hunter machine).

Anyway just thought I'd give you some non-Puma related non-sense to waste your time with :grin:

Good to hear it's going nicely. Reliable motoring now rather than the frenchie.. :lol:

If you want a red third brake light, I found one the other week in the garage off my old ST :lol:

No thank you, I like the clear one.

I like the way the exterior is but I was considering whether or not to replace the silver trim on the bonnet with a black one?

Also keep toying with the idea or DRLs to keep up with the modern age..

Have the red one and fly-eye it to be more black? (Can you tell I just want rid of it? :lol: )

DRL are good, but I'm not a fan of the aftermarket type unless it's done really well. Where would you put them?

Aidens ST has LED ones replacing the fog lights, so that's one option.

There's also a couple of manufacturers making complete units with them built in although they are then wired to the sidelights..

Just to change the subject for a moment, my gripe with these cars is the exhaust tip. I'm quite particular about exhaust tips and I find it frustrating when a car has a sporty bumper and then a boggo down-turn. If I was you, which I am fully aware I am not, i'd have to invest in a back box with a regular, outwards facing tip. I can't think of any mk2 focuses that had them to be honest but I would find one.

And don't even get me started on false tips :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yes I'm inclined to agree with your comment, the down-turn is at least a stainless tip and is quite wide.. I've seen a few ZS with aftermarket dual exit on this bumper but unless the exhaust falls off this definitely isn't on the cards to look at. My brother still has a dual exit from an 06 ST in his garage, maybe this'd fit..unlikely :lol:

red said:
[post]356158[/post] My brother still has a dual exit from an 06 ST in his garage, maybe this'd fit..unlikely

Nope - won't fit. The ST boot floor is different to accommodate it and why it didn't have a full size spare.

As far as I recall anyway..

Dal said:
[post]356159[/post]
red said:
[post]356158[/post] My brother still has a dual exit from an 06 ST in his garage, maybe this'd fit..unlikely

Nope - won't fit. The ST boot floor is different to accommodate it and why it didn't have a full size spare.

As far as I recall anyway..
Yes the ST doesn't have a spare wheel well at all as the silencer box lives there

Latest posts

Back