Ford Focus Zetec S

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know - I sold Red's brother my old Focus ST :lol:

Still miss that car!!!

It was a cracking car :grin:

Probably part of the reason I ended up with a Focus, albeit not quite as fun to drive, it's a good sensible, smooth running car.

Well.. not much to report.. mileage around 67k now and the tyres at the front are probably nearing the end of their usefulness.

Not affecting the MPG though, since I've had the car I'd wondered (as sad as it is) whether I could break the 600 mile trip. If I don't do it again, it's at least now happened once!!

34752711065_38b651fe7b_b.jpg

The average MPG actually went up to get to this figure so it was likely performing better than it reads, it's usually used for quite short trips when I'm using the bike so the average is normally around 52-54.

2 minutes of your time wasted, thank you very much :grin:

:lol: Not sure about that Paul, the Focus tank is a pretty good size.

That was around 51l to replenish. About 11.22 gallons.. so a factual calculation would put it at 55mpg.

Mine is 65 litres, so I use more fuel for less than half the miles hahahaha, if I'm lucky....err, why am I laughing :roll: :lol:

Luckily (or not) I don't do many miles, last time I put petrol in the car was....wait for it....

27.09.16 :shock:

MOT for another year, initially failed on a broken spring and bulb misalignment.

Reckon the latter was due to a pigeon I encountered on that side of the car earlier in the year.

Not sure how a spring broke but apparently it's more common than you might think.

2 front tyres will be needed before the winter. Mileage now at just over 70k

:cool:

Well the Focus is chugging along nicely somewhere near 78k - it's had 4 tyres replaced since the last up date and not a lot else.

The private registration will be coming off shortly, we're going back up to a two car household and it will move to my wifes car. The latest addition:

27123551117_ff19229b44_z.jpg

The Focus has been a solid car over the last year, now at 81k, we've just passed the MOT with only an advisory on discs.

We did get pranged in a car park earlier in the year, fortunately the other driver was honest and came to find me. It was sorted out on insurance and the scrape was sprayed up.

During the MOT they have identified a leak from one of the injector seals, after watching a 20 minute video on how to replace these seals.... I've decided to book it in! It is not a cheap job but then the labour and care that it needs should warrant the cost (I think). I've taken a before video of the engine on tick over, so that I can compare it afterwards.

The personalised registration is off and now where it belongs on the 500.

Running up to 3 years since I posted on this :shock:

The Focus is still going, somewhere in the region of 98k now. It's got to that age where a lot of the rubber is getting worn, it's just had rear bushes, stabiliser links and front wishbones replaced.

It's just crossed the 10 year mark so I've had the cambelt, waterpump and aux belt replaced for peace of mind.

Separately I've just learned that there's a few things you can do to improve trim features, randomly they add bulb holders in to the front footwells for example but just didn't add bulbs. Now my feet illuminate when opening the doors :cool:

Well after nearly 8 years of owning this car and it being brilliant, it looks like we might have been forced to part ways.

crash1.jpg

It's currently in the hands of the insurance, both mine and the third parties have put in to their total loss teams (as I was expecting them to).

Annoying since it's in such good condition with full Ford history (except cambelt), new tyres, full tank of Diesel. I'd hoped it'd have got me through another few years yet!

Its just a little scratch - should buff out easily. In seriousness, will be a damn shame if that is written off for what looks like a somewhat minor bump.

Where I got the Ka done would only charge £240 to fix that - but the insurance company will likely get a quote for 10x that & write it off :cry:

(just noticed signature pics not showing, I'll put that down to new format)

Yeah it's hit the crumple zone and damaged something on the suspension. At the very least just looking at it, it needs a new wing, headlight, wheel, possibly wishbone, track rod, bumper repair, bonnet repair, crash bar, maybe slam panel..

• Sad
Reactions: Dal
As a fellow panther black mk2 owner I feel your pain. I was absolutely devastated when someone ran into the back of mine and fucked off leaving me to sort the problem. Thankfully I got away with a new crash bar, bumper mounts and managed to repair the bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_211040_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230324_211040_(1080_x_810_pixel).jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Wow
Reactions: red
The deal has been done. Poor old car is now waiting the new v5c before being collected for who knows what.

IMG20230328185603.jpg

Latest posts

Back