Found my way back again

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Back again after a false start a couple of years ago at rebooting my sat for four years Puma Thunder.

So this time there was little in the way of mould stalagmites and stalactites after its interior clean with a solution of distilled vinegar way back then, the tyres were mostly flat, and the front brakes are seized on but she's not looking like a lost cause.

She ended laid up after the fuel pump failed and I ended up taking off the tank getting a new one carrying on with the derusting and painting and fitting new brake lines throughout bar one of the front ones.

Then life got in the way like it sometime does and Ive barely had a day off in 4 years.

To recap partly for my own benefit shes a 60k example but for the life of me I couldnt get the paperwork to prove it when I bought her. First job was to get rid of the painfully over lowered suspension quickly followed by a trip to the Midlands for Errol to fit a new Ford clutch and then down sarf for Ginger Tom to change my cambelt. Great hospitality on both occasions :grin:

Next she got the stainless Longlife exhaust off my first Puma after a deaf dumb and blind kid from a Who record rammed her into a slight bananna shape. And new front arms springs and shocks from the same.

Not to forget my lovely grey and black with purple stitching recovered steering wheel courtesy of our Croatian friend.

Basically she was only ever a hobby and I doubt the new stuff has got even 2000 miles on it.

Shes far from perfect but but shes got a lot going for her and hopefully she'll have some progress this year.

Sorry for anyone who helped that I forgot

Questy

I'm still working 7 days and my backs still a total wreck but its statistically impossible to do less than the nothing thats happened for the last 4 years :)

:cool: brilliant re-introduction Questy!

Good luck starting the project back up and I hope that you can get her ship shape again!

Welcome back, I have also done very little for ages and I have no excuse whatsoever, finally got round to uncovering "buttercup" last week, then it rained!!

hello.. wasn't here the first time lol but as I learned in February there is never a bad time to re-introduce your car to the tool box and some new enthusiasm :cool:

Back