Front chassis rail/jacking point

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been searching the internet trying to find replacement panels for the front jacking point rail/panels with no luck, needless to say they are a NLA part from Ford. They are the parts that run from the bulkhead area to the first front seat mounting bolt and are commonly affected by where the inner sill and floor start to rot out so would have thought there would be a ready supply :!: :oops:
I have just fitted some new inner seals and cut out rot on the floor panels and just before welding back the floor to the new inner sill it dawned on me that it might make sense to remove the old jacking point panel/rail with a new one and doing a belt and braces job for the future.
If anyone has done this in the past can they advise on what they managed to find or whether they had to fabricate new panels (which will be a right pain in the backside!!)
Thanks
Simon

Simonavis said:
jacking point rail/panels
Hi Simon
Do you mean the section that looks like a box section ? If so that wouldn't be strong enough to jack the car up on as the gauge of steel wasn't thick enough.

Anyway,If that's the part your looking for It will be the same as a Mk 4 fiesta as they share the same floor pan. Perhaps try searching for that from aftermarket panel suppliers including Hadrian's Panels.
Let us know please if you locate it.

Otherwise you may have to fabricate it yourself.

Are you talking about the section with the square hole in that terminates under the chassis number (thinking of right hand side)?

If so, Expressed Steel Panels are in the process of reproducing these

Thanks to both of you. Yes that’s the part I am talking about, I assumed it was a jacking point fortunately I never tried to use it as one otherwise it sounds like it would have been in trouble!!!
Have expressed steel given any indication on when they might start production as I really don’t fancy trying to fabricate it.

Latest posts

Back