Frp and Puma Gathering plus FPP Parade - Sat 4Th July 2015

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corsa

If you would like to join a big annual FRP gathering, please read on.
This event is hosted by RS Owners Club Bristol. The club stand is RPOC.

The event takes place on Saturday July 4th, and as with previous years FRP and Puma owners invited to participate in a giant paddock display, and (for FRPs) the famous lunchtime parade around Castle Combe circuit (typically 3 laps). All Pumas park in the same display area.

The parade cost is one admission fee and a £5 donation to the event's charity.
So for one FRP and one driver it will be a combined cost of £17* if you want to parade at lunch time.
ENTRIES FOR THE PARADE LAP DISPLAY ARE BY ADVANCED BOOKING ONLY
Racing Puma owners who are taking part on the parade - as with previous years there will be some form insurance indemnity paperwork for you to sign on the day that will permit you to take part. Remember - No completed form, no parade entry

Advance* entry ticket to the show (each occupant of your car will require a ticket, including drivers) - £12.
Children under 16 get in for free
(*Tickets on the day will be more).
No dogs on site (accept guide dogs).

Due to the popularity of this event, I will be purchasing our tickets in advance; this allows our group of arriving Puma’s to smoothly enter the site in one group without having to stop to buy tickets on the gate.

If you want to know more and join the event please post below.

just a few days left to get your advance tickets and stand pass. Tickets will be available direct from our great hosts on the day but you need a stand pass up front

I will be closing off entry today 8PM. After that time the event can still be enjoyed but parking will be in the public carparks by default and ticket bought at full price at the gate

Pleased to say one more FRP coming (TBC), so this makes 19 FRPs on the stand.
Only 1 more extra stand pass remaining.

For anyone taking part in the parade at lunchtime at the RSCombe event at Castle Combe if you have not already done so please read the terms and conditions of parading contained on this link http://www.rscombe.com/booking/parade-displays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There will be need I am expecting to sign the form if parading.

Not long now, to get you started.
For those of you coming to the FRP and Puma gathering at the RSOC South West regional day at Castle Combe.

You should aim to have arrived at Morrisons no later than 0830hrs SN14 6UZ

Keep to the left as you drive in, and park neatly, rear end into the kerb, one car to a space in the crescent shaped parking area to the left of the entrance road. Please be considerate to other car park users.

The store should be quite quiet, but please exercise caution when walking around, as the sight of so many cars that are all the same colour means that the general shopping public tend to stop looking for pedestrians. There is adequate paving behind the parking to stroll up and down.

Pop into the store to buy any last minute supplies for the day. The store also has an excellent coffee shop, and toilets with baby changing facilities. There is also a BP Petrol Station on the entrance road to the store.

I will be handing out the tickets and parade passes to everyone at Morrisons and will be stationed on the pavement behind my FRP. Those of you who don't know me look for the FRP with white wheels and red mudflaps.
It is for you to find me and ensure you get your pass/ticket(s) by 0845hrs.
Lisa will be handing out the T shirts if you paid for one of those.

IMPORTANT - As well as giving you your tickets and paddock parking passes there may be an insurance indemnity form to complete and sign for which you do need your driving licence. This would be for those who intend to parade at lunchtime.

We will depart Morrisons at 0900 sharp. If you are unavoidably delayed, please phone me and I may make arrangements to leave your tickets on the gate (this is an emergency only option - do not use it as an excuse to be late just because you didn't want to get up early).

Maps for our route are here.
Please familiarise yourself with the route prior to the event, and if necessary, print a copy for the day.

There will be route-experienced owners spread throughout the convoy. They are:

Kate Umfreville (FRP)
Ben Addison (FRP - F2 spoiler)
Vas Lashley (FRP)
Graham Gillings (FRP)
John Deane (FRP)
Alan Mowberry (FRP)

If in doubt, follow one of them!

Please drive carefully and with consideration for other road users keeping within the speed limits. It is a convoy, not a race, so please keep the car ahead of you and the car behind you in sight but it really is not very far to go if you get split up just look for the brown road sign to Castle Combe circuit..

When we arrive at Combe, we will be entering via the paddock/competitors entrance; this will be sign-posted. Please have your tickets ready, and your paddock pass clearly displayed. A degree of patience will be needed too as getting nearly 20 inside will be slow.

Once in through the gate please follow the FRP in front and any directions you are given, leaving your car neatly aligned next to your neighbouring FRP once on the stand.

If you are not parading you may care to park on the side of the stand so as to make it easier when it comes to releasing the FRPs for the lunchtime parade or make sure please to be on hand at lunch time to move your car if needed.

More about the parade will be posted later.
Really looking forward to this.

Hi
Sorry the last stand place was requested 10 minutes before your post.
I have a maybe maybe not place but I wont know until the day if it is taken or not.
Which of your fabulous stable of cars are you going in?

corsa said:
Hi
Sorry the last stand place was requested 10 minutes before your post.
I have a maybe maybe not place but I wont know until the day if it is taken or not.
Which of your fabulous stable of cars are you going in?
Well its a 2 hour run to Coombe for me so maybe something quickish,compfy .....will have to be the Millenium :grin:

Keep an eye out on this thread if I have any updates I will add it.

Information about the FRP parading part of this fab day.
If you are not parading you may care to park on the side of the stand so as to make it easier when it comes to releasing the FRPs for the lunchtime parade.

You are then free to enjoy the event, but please be back with your car by 11:45 in preparation for the parade laps and the signing of an indemnity form. Again, please exercise patience whilst waiting for us to be directed to move out for the parade - The parade laps do not take place till the morning's track sessions have cleared. I cannot get you all moving until I am given a prompt from the parade director.

Parade lap - For those of you who haven't paraded before, this is not a race! We will be marshalled out onto the starting grid. Please ensure you have your headlights on. Please be patient with this process, as the marshals are having to co-ordinate a lot of cars on the day. The idea is that the group remains in neat formation around the circuit. Parading is very enjoyable to see and experience but this is not full track time or showman time. Be aware you will very likely have no valid car insurance whilst out on track.

However, please be under no doubts, that if any of the track-side marshals see really silly behaviour (like overtaking through the group), then the entire group will be pulled off track, thus ending the fun and will probably result in us not being invited back again.
Castle Combe has a strict noise limit but as this is a parade and not track time there should naturally be no blasting of exhaust noise but please be mindful of this and keep in formation with the car in front.

Once the parade is complete we will leave the track and return to our paddock parking area. Again, please exercise patience during this process. On returning to the paddock parking, please park in an orderly manner as per when you arrived in the morning - we need to fit everyone back on the stand!

The prize-giving usually takes place at 1600hrs at the Strawford Centre, so if you think you're in with a chance for an award, then it's worth attending. This would be if there is say best car on parade award from the event organisers.

The events will finish about 16:45 hrs, and any remaining people will leave at 17:00 hrs.
Really not long now

Nearly there now, don't forget be no later than 8:30am at Morrisons on Saturday and find me for your tickets (we will leave 9:00am sharp), bring your driving licence (you might need it to parade). Please be back with your car by 11:45 in preparation for the parade laps (or to be on hand to move your car if needed) and the signing of an indemnity form. All the details nitty gritty stuff is on various posts I have already made but please ask if anything is unclear.
If you need to contact me on the day my number is zero seven 8 seven 66 eight 66 four one.

gingerdave's lovely bright yellow Mille looked good in the sea of blue.

Latest posts

Back