Gearbox build... & gasket part number.? And other bits..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puma_TBR

Hi guys

Currently building a gearbox to use for abit of fun in a few different motorsport applications
4.29.1 final drive (1.25 fiesta)
Reworked RST S2 LSD
1.7 5th gear
(Unless someone has a 1.6 5th gear spare? 😉)

Couple of queries and hoping someone might be able to help me out..

1. I’m struggling to find a part number for the gasket for the end/5th gear housing (ib5) seem to be able to find ones listed for sale for BC gearbox’s but not IB5 ... they look very similar. Does anyone know if they are the same?
8C71124B-3B66-4FC2-8EDF-E5F841085786.jpeg

2. Also the bearing numbers for the differential ( 1 large/1 smaller) I see them for sale as a kit from certain outlets but the prices seem steep for 2 bearings. Does anyone know the actual bearing numbers ?
9DCBBB98-1F66-4BE4-A908-FE689E8937EF.jpeg

3. Gear oil? I know/have read it’s 2.8l 75-90 but is the a preferred or better manufacturer recommended for motorsport applications that anyone is using (synthetic?)

Many thanks
Tom

Hi,
We used to make these transmissions in Halewood until 2012 (I still work there), also made in Bordeaux until a couple of years ago.
The iB5 is one of the BC transmission series (B4 then B5 then iB5). 1.7 Puma transmissions were built in Bordeaux from memory with a close ratio gearset.
Assuming you mean the cork 5th speed extension cover gasket, Ford engineering part number is 1S6R 7223 AD, FINIS no. is 1339302.
Not sure of the diff bearing Ford part no.s, you can get them cheaper (about £40) but I'd stick with reputable brands.
Ref oil, I'm no expert, but you could use the oil for the B6 / B6+ transmission which is a higher spec fully synthetic due to higher torque of this transmission. Oil spec is wss m2c200 d2

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply the gasket removed is branded ford, but isn’t cork ?? More like a perforated metal inner plate with a type of card either side. Hopefully that’s visible in the photo.

I will look into the numbers and the oil 👌🏻👍🏻

Latest posts

Back