Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of sorted..for now anyway but it took 3 calls from me, average holding time 40 mins, plus 2 failed call backs from DWP before I got a result, oh and at sometime during the (wasted) day DWP texted me......despite me repeatedly telling them I have no mobile signal at home !!!!!
Happy New Year everyone :grin:

As some of you will know my better half suffered a fall on the way to last years FiTP (after "buttercup" failed to make it)
Finally we now have a settlement from the garage insurance company nearly a year down the line, the claims company dealing with it on our behalf has a slogan "if it matters to you, it matters to us" ........well with delay after delay mainly caused by the girl allocated to us clearly that is not the case but she has now excelled herself.
Sadly she has not excelled herself with her actions as her latest email confirming the figure really takes the biscuit.
The insurance company offered more than she suggested....her comment....."as the amount offered exceeds what I think your claim is worth" etc etc.......so nice to know that she feels my wife's injuries were not worth that much :evil:
Will I recommend Digby Brown to anybody? who wants to hazard a guess?

My partner works in a Wetherspoons kitchen and she told me the new menu out with some new fad of smaller portions of regular food.

Eat a small amount of unhealthy food because it's trendy.

Or don't eat unhealthy food at all and eat as much as you please.

Then again, nuts are healthy and if you eat too much of them you're in trouble. It's annoying that life is all about balance and yet living in excess is so damn provocative.

Ed

And of course do not forget that what is "good" for you today will be "unhealthy" next week

Makes you wonder how our parents survived without all the labels on the foods and not know these things :grin:

I wish to complain! In the last 18 months there have ony been 4 posts on this thread, and 2 of them have been from me, grumbling about the number of posts...

I just wish people would stop complaining at the lack of 'grumbles, moans and rants' posts! :grin: :grin: :grin:

WTF WTF WTF

Got my renewal for the RX...only £8 more than last year...nice.

But as per last year if I get a NEW quote it's cheaper PLUS I will get c£30 cashback...nice

Now, the killer...if I REMOVE my NCB as I'm looking to store it and buy a runaround thus using the NCB on that. My RX insurance will be.....wait for it....

LOWER!!! WTF WTF WTF. :shock:

So having max NCB is more expensive than NOT having any NCB...WTF is goin on there :lol:

I can only assume the NCB protection on my current policy is making it much more expensive. So why the hell should I bother with it if it's going to be cheaper anyway.

WTF WTF WTF...... I gotta check this and double check it as it used to be way more with no NCB. Maybe I'm that old they simply don't give a sh!t :lol:

And now I gotta work out which one to use the NCB on if at all.

Something sounds wrong here but I've double checked it too. Now my mind is completely blown!!!!

EDIT:- £20 less if I take off NCB protection. Making it a tenner-ish less than quote with zero NCB. :roll:

Final EDIT:- Just got a quote for an Astra GTC Diesel, cost 90p more to insure it with full NCB & Protection than no NCB whatsoever. Insane!!...and, it costs more than the damn RX with same mileage allowance etc....what is going on there?

I give up trying to fathom out car insurance companies, I really do :lol:

NCB is a new term to me so I had to look up what you're talking about, but it sort of makes sense now that I've read about it.
From what I can tell, the insurance company is required to give you the No-Claim Bonus based on your time with no claims. They then offer you the premium service of NCB protection so your prices dont skyrocket if you do end up having to make a claim.

Do I have that right?

So it makes sense if you remove the NCB Protection, that your prices will go down because you're shifting risk from the insurance company to yourself.

As far as the Astra being more expensive than the Mazda, if they are a similar value vehicle, than its probably because the Mazda's have a history of lower cost to insurance companies. Sadly, they probably get in fewer wrecks because they spend more time sitting in the garage. Or perhaps the Astra is more prone to theft since the RX is easy for a thief to be spotted in?

We have a Multi-Car Policy.
All 3 have protected NCB charges:
Ford Puma Thunder - £19.72
Ford Focus ST250 - £24.67
Citroen C4 Cactus - £23.91

I believe prices vary between companies, as they allow different number of claims, over different periods of time.

red said:
:cool: sounds like you've been having barrels of fun

yup, just a bit :lol:

mmc757 said:
So it makes sense if you remove the NCB Protection, that your prices will go down because you're shifting risk from the insurance company to yourself.

Not enrirely,
Yes it's slightly cheaper removing the protection, but what I was saying was my quotes were cheaper even if I removed the NCB entirely, not just the protection.

NCB is supposed to give you a discount on your insurance premium, the bonus increases each year you are claim free. It tends to now only got to 9+ years maximum which I have had for around 20 years hehe. This supposedly equates to around 60% to 80% discount on your premium versus if you had zero years NCB. For instance, your premium is £1000 if you have zero NCB but apply the NCB & now it is £200 to £400 depending on what discount rate the insurer decides it would like to pretend it gives you :roll:

The quotes I'm getting are little to no difference if I add 9+ years NCB or Zero years NCB :lol:

When I add the NCB protection (which is supposed to safeguard your overall NCB even after an accident) it ends up even more expensive which makes the case for having NCB or the additional added protection completely worthless.

mmc757 said:
As far as the Astra being more expensive than the Mazda, if they are a similar value vehicle, than its probably because the Mazda's have a history of lower cost to insurance companies. Sadly, they probably get in fewer wrecks because they spend more time sitting in the garage. Or perhaps the Astra is more prone to theft since the RX is easy for a thief to be spotted in?

That was my thoughts too - which basically makes the inurance group ratings they give each car model useless if they then load the insurance premium with more priority depending on popularity or thefts etc that they may have had before. :?

Anyway, enough of that crap. :thumbs:

Just rang insurance to cancel renewal. Went through the rigmarole (spelling?) of telling them I didn't like auto renewals etc.

Asked him 4 times to cancel my renewal & he said let me put you on hold for 5 minutes while I sort it out.....yeah, right, what he meant was, I'm going to run the quotes again despite you talking over me & give you a better price regardless because you won't tell me why you're cancelling.... :twisted:

Won't work mate, not with the crap I just found out about NCB :lol:

But....strike me down with a soggy teabag...he came back with a price even I couldn't get WITH the included cashback. Surprisingly cheaper. :eek:

Strange he couldn't get a quote with no NCB to check what I'd found - system error conveniently :lol:

Anyway, I had to eat humble pie a little as the price was too good to refuse. Fully comp policy (and not a stripped out one either), protected NCB, measly £45 XS all for around a QUARTER! of my damn road tax - god damn that tax :lol:

Result = Happy old fart for a change :thumbs:

Back