Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My elder sister has been pestering me to get the vaccine - told her I'm too young which she didn't take kindly to (I may have phrased it differently :lol:).

Anyway, just found out I'm actually old enough now to book an appointment - sheesh!!...went to NHS site and my closest is 4 miles away, nope, not happening. Next closest place?...40 miles away!! Wait, what? FORTY!!. Fcuking kidding me aren't you :roll:

As I type this, I'm looking out of my front room window - at the main region HOSPITAL!!! ;p

Guess I'll wait (as I was going to) until they contact me.

Wash your mouth out & go sit on the naughty step for an hour - about how long it would take my lazy arse to walk that 4 mile at a brisk pace. You damn fool :lol:

The 4 mile was a straight line too, so likely 5 or more. Not a chance, tell me to not go out for a year but ok, go half way round the country for a vaccine when the hospital is on your doorstep :pinkeye:

(ok, I exagerate, but seriously, you get my drift when the furthest I've gone from my house in the last year is less than 5 minutes walk. Think I must be the only person who has though :roll: )

I've had a few trips to the DIY stores but no where else, our local vaccine thing is about 8 miles away though

Wow - over 2 years since a post on this thread - things must have been good in that time? (Not lol).

Anyway - rant today from me....

Been a loyal current account holder & general all round customer of Nationwide for over 35 years, had several mortgages, loans, credit cards, insurance products & many many savings products of which I still hold 2 along with my current account.
But apparently that loyalty means nothing for their "Fairer Share" payout they implemented recently. Fairer my arse!!!

Just came from their site & because I don't have a current mortgage & regular incoming payments to my current account (because I'm F'in RETIRED & paid my mortgage off years ago) then my 35+ years means F-all to them.
The £100 payout is irrelevant to me - but the thought/action would be a show of reciprocated loyalty - it's the principle of the matter. They've made 10's of thousands off me likely in that time yet label me as ineligible which I guess is saying F-you (to me) & thank you to those who get it for being up to their eyes in a mortgage debt & having to work to pay it off.

I know I'm not in the same boat (apparently less than a QUARTER of their customers qualify) .They just received a complaint to go with the many they have already had but I did it to get it off my chest as it'll also mean F-all to them is my guess.

Rant over 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: red
Mysterious dents appeared in my Ka bonnet. After closer inspection just now. It seems the supporting frame underneath has come away from the bonnet skin at the same location - enough to get my fingers in. While feeling between them I found several round "blobs" of hard plastic which is malleable to the bite (yes I bit them lol) which correlate with each dent.
I'm assuming these are some kind of bonding used in the manufacture that has now failed. I was able to pull them completely off now so hopefully the damage will now be limited to what it is as the frame itself is wide/flat & covers more surface area obviously than the tiny blobs which are only 5mm diameter each.
Sounds like the skin has seperated/lifted at some point, maybe due to constant on/off pressure by said cat below or just simply through age & poor bonding, then successive pressure has banged the skin against these round blobs numerous times enough to cause damage.
Yet another Ford (or Fiat?) manufacturing cost cutting fcuk up. Why not put a constant bead along it for goodness sake!!

TLDR - problem found above
Went out shopping last night. When I came back to the car in one car park the street lights were shining on my car in a way that I noticed some imperfections on my bonnet. There are about 6 small dents in the centre of it in a semi circular pattern over about 300mm spread. But they were dented outwards as if something had been left under the bonnet & it had been closed. They are small but because of the pattern it stands out.

I can't for the life of me think how the frick they got there. I've been wracking my brain all night & all I can think is someone either sat on the bonnet while I was out (which is rare), or kids in my road have climbed over it (kids being kids), some $hit off the neighbours flat roof has fell onto it (likely but thankfully there are no scratches) or my main suspect is a damn black/white cat that uses it as a landing platfom to jump off my garage roof but it would have to be a bloody heavy cat, he is a big cat but it mostly looks like fur rather than a cat 🤣

Those are the only ways I can think it was caused & it has been dented by the airbox directly underneath, although that's not circular which confuses the issue more. I tried to have a look last night in the dark & broke the damn clip holding the soundproofing for good measure. Should have left it until daylight :rolleyes:

Just been out & looked at it & it's very noticeable but I don't know if that's because I know they're there now. So it might have been done ages ago or very recently. Hell, it may have even been there when I bought it but I'm sure I'd have seen them, plus I zoomed in on pictures I have of the repair work & it's pristine like the rest of the car. The bonnet is very easy to push down too so the "heavy" cat could have been the culprit. Might have to reverse the car onto the drive but then the roof may aquire some strange marks if I do. FFS.

Obviously a manufacturing fault. Apparently the KA mk2 was manufactured by Fiat in Poland !

From Wikipedia ,
"The Ford Ka is a small car manufactured by Ford Motor Company from 1996 to 2016 as a city car and from 2014 to 2021 as a subcompact car. It entered its second generation in 2008, produced by Fiat in Tychy, Poland. A third generation was introduced in 2016."

Obviously a manufacturing fault. Apparently the KA mk2 was manufactured by Fiat in Poland !

From Wikipedia ,
"The Ford Ka is a small car manufactured by Ford Motor Company from 1996 to 2016 as a city car and from 2014 to 2021 as a subcompact car. It entered its second generation in 2008, produced by Fiat in Tychy, Poland. A third generation was introduced in 2016."
Wasn't it the sister car to the Fiat 500?

Yes, as far as I understand, built on the same production line, even the wheels won't fit other Fords, I'm unsure if the engine was a Ford or just a rebadged Fiat engine.

Back