Hi Everyone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideSam

Hi all,

I’ve owned my puma since December. It’s being used for some hillclimb racing, I purchased it already sorted with a cage, seats, harnesses, coilovers and a few other bits and pieces.
Fortunately there’s no signs of rust and has only done around 48k miles. I’ll try and get a picture or two up later on.

Hi WideSam,
Wow, a Puma with no rust! Seriously????
Or have you got the newer SUV abomination, which might explain it! :ROFLMAO::whistle:(y)
Seriously, many years of happy motoring, from a former 20 year owner, with 221K from new! Remember, if it's a bit down on power with age, that's what 3rd and 2nd are for! SCREAM THAT ENGINE BABY, SCREAM IT!!!
Psss, watch out of nasty little rocks at the edge of Honister Pass, NW of the slate mine - alloy wheels and subframes and all the previous welded bits from years gone by don't like them! 😭 Still did a lot more miles around the twisty bits of The Lakes that day and then home and only had to steer about 30 degrees to the right when I got to straight roads! 😚 Unfortunately, the MOT 2 days later was a bit telling!!! Oh well, he had a long and happy life! Sigh!!!!

Hi WideSam,
Wow, a Puma with no rust! Seriously????
Or have you got the newer SUV abomination, which might explain it! :ROFLMAO::whistle:(y)
Seriously, many years of happy motoring, from a former 20 year owner, with 221K from new! Remember, if it's a bit down on power with age, that's what 3rd and 2nd are for! SCREAM THAT ENGINE BABY, SCREAM IT!!!
Psss, watch out of nasty little rocks at the edge of Honister Pass, NW of the slate mine - alloy wheels and subframes and all the previous welded bits from years gone by don't like them! 😭 Still did a lot more miles around the twisty bits of The Lakes that day and then home and only had to steer about 30 degrees to the right when I got to straight roads! 😚 Unfortunately, the MOT 2 days later was a bit telling!!! Oh well, he had a long and happy life! Sigh!!!!
I know, having lost my previous Ka to tin worm, you’d think I would’ve learned! But previous owner had a car restoration business, so sorted out some small patches while installing the cage and it’s been kept indoors ever since.
Out of interest, what circuits do you do?
Mainly around the southwest… Wiscombe at the end of April and a few more there through the year (it’s about 3 miles from me), didn’t quite get into Werrington in time so I’m on the reserve list with fingers and toes crossed, hopefully I’ll get up to Gurston Down at some point too!
Later in the season I’ll hopefully be at Tregrehan and Castle down in Cornwall. There used to be one in Charmouth too, but unfortunately that’s stopped due to the surface being too poor

Dude, I might have met you last summer at Wiscombe…?
I did have the new 4 branch decat manifold for sale.
Spoke to a guy and watched the car go up the hill…

J

I was using my Ka last year, only actually made it to one event and then my alternator packed up on the Saturday so never made the Sunday 😅 I know of two pumas that were being used last year, a black one and one in a gulf livery?
Are you fairly local then?

About to move from Exeter to Sidmouth, more space and all that.
I’ll be balls deep in Audi TT, bikes and tuning cylinder heads for the foreseeable - usually do the drag and drift at Smeatharpe (thinking about building a 125cc drag bike for next year) but there’s so much other stuff needing attention.

Oh nice, I’m in Sidmouth too!
Ah tell me about it, I’ve currently got 6 cars (all of which need work in some way) and an old Yamaha sr125 sat in the garage with me still wondering why I bought it in the first place

Latest posts

Back