I figured out the knocking sounds

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamen

Hi,

My first post. Nice forum, I've found lots of useful stuff here. Not sure if this is how one should use a forum, this is more an answer than a discussion. But I would like to add something here that I could not find:

I've had an issue with severe knocking sounds since I got my Puma a year ago, really loud from every little hole in the road or speed bump. I believed it came from the front suspension and that is where I have been looking ever since. My previous Puma developed knocking sounds over time from worn bushings and it made sense that this would be the same issue, but I could not find anything like that.

Just today I went through this forum trying to find something similar but with no success. Later with something entirely else in mind I removed the complete air box and there I found the problem. It turned out to be the air inlet tube at the bottom, somehow it had broken off and was completely loose, very loose, it was slamming into the chassis just by looking at it. What is up with that big piece of plumbing, resonators and tubes, filling the whole inside of the left wing? I removed the whole thing as my air box lid was broken when I got my Puma, with lots of sand in it on both sides of the filter inside, currently I just have a K&N air filter directly at the air flow thingy.

Anyway, this might be a rare case, I guess someone messed with something sometime and did not care...

Nice first post! :eek:k:

That's what we like here - sharing of information and solutions to those annoyances. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back