Moondust Silver XSC2431C - recommended manufacturer?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I’d like to know if anyone can recommend a manufacturer of Moondust Silver which is a really good (I.e near perfect) match?
Oddly Ford do not seem to sell this paint anymore.
I had an area of scratches on my bonnet which a previous owner had made a poor job of touching out. I rubbed down and then tried using Halfords Moondust silver spray paint but the colour match was awful. I’ve rubbed it out and now have a rather unattractive patch of primer showing……

Looking on the site I’ve found the correct paint code and doing a Google search on this I’ve found many manufacturers claiming to mix rattle cans exactly to the code. However before I part with £20+ for a spray can I was hoping someone could let me know a manufacturer they’ve used and can confirm the colour match is good?

Thanks

Simon

Sorry I can't recommend anything for Moondust silver, I've only used Halfords Moondust silver for wheels and it was OK.
I'm not a fan of Halfords, but have found their Magnum grey and Radiant red to be a good match. Hycote Magnum grey was not a good match and Hycote Medium steel blue is fairly close, but I did buy 3 cans of Hycote Medium Steel blue and none of them were the exact same colour.
I suspect that both Halfords and Hycote are manufactured by the same company, JBL, as the print of the code on the base of the can is the same.

Hi.
If you go into any good automotive paint supplier they can do an exact colour match for you. Bare in mind paint will fade even if you think a colour like silver will not. So even if you got a can from Ford the chances are it will be a miss match. My local shop will do a colour match to the car for £13.

Regards,
Richard.

Latest posts

Back