My ford ka project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orionash

Hi all

Im building a mk1 ford ka
Car is currently a nearly bare shell *needs welding*
Picking up a 1.7 puma engine conversion that's listed for a mk5 fez
So i have a few questions

Usual one first
The wiring
My ka is a poverty spec car minimal electrics
So how do i connect the puma engine loom ecu and fuse box to the ka

Exhaust

Does the puma run a 2 box exhaust or a single box like the ka
Want it to sound good but not be stupid loud

Ash

Hi Ash,

Welcome to the site, sounds like you have a good project.

You aren't treading unchartered territory at least! Sadly most of the others that have done this no longer appear to be active:

Another n00b by PumaKa

Ka zetec s by dado_vct

I'm no expert on this, but I expect you'll want to be using the Puma loom and ECU?

The exhaust was 2, the backbox and a mid, but I had no mid on my 1.7 with a Miltek and it sounded good, not loud but a good burble on tickover

Seen a few of these projects on the internet.

Not as straight forward as a swap in to a Fiesta but certainly doable.

From memory I think there are specific drive shafts and or engine mounts but cant remember 100% without doing all the research again.
Also, I believe the inlet wont fit behind the slam panel area.

As for the wiring/electrics, I would grab as much from a Puma as possible then retrofit everything in to the KA.

This project would have been something I may have considered a few years ago, but my hatred or the KA has never allowed it but for me I guess it would be something to do for a laugh!

I will watch this thread closely especially if there is going to be a lot off pictures!

Good luck and you never know, you may sway me in to doing this myself!

I have been bad for getting pictures as at the moment its just the standard car being taken apart and rust repairs

Once i start getting it painted and make progress with the engine conversion ill make sure to take pics

Ash

Nice idea for a project,

Makesure you fit sportka bumpers, it's essential you have an exhaust coming out the centre where the reverse light should be 😁

Had one years ago and felt it was let down by the engine, would of been a massive improvement with the 1.7 engine instead

Latest posts

Back