My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Well the saga rolls on. Just got the Puma back from the body shop. A couple of rust bubbles appeared on the rear off side arch, it had been all cut
out and plated about 14 years ago. It has had the rust cut out and plated complete with a offside quarter panel, door and a bonnet respray. All looking top notch again yet another £600 in the red. LOL

Regards
Richard.

Hi everyone.
Yet another annual milestone. The puma passed the MOT today. As the car gets older I dread this event more each year, lol. Still I keep on top of any work that needs to be done as and when needed so I know it should be okay come test time but it is always the unexpected that I could fall foul of.
Regards,
Richard.

Hi All.

Well, now the better weather is upon us it is that time of year to start to get proactive on the Puma again. Today I have fitted a new Sportex rear exhaust box as the Hoffman decided to fall apart on me. I must say I am pleased with it....a lovely sound and it seems to go just that little better. I have also fitted a new gearbox dogbone mounting. Always something to do.

Richard.

Hi everyone.
An update on my Puma. I have had my wrap done. I will post some more pictures later.
Regards,
Richard.

Attachments

• Lates puma shots wrap 023.jpg
    Lates puma shots wrap 023.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 1,232
  • Lates puma shots wrap 020.jpg
    Lates puma shots wrap 020.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,232
Hi all.
Bit of an update. some time ago I did spray the wheels white, I have also tied the mud flaps in to match the car.

Attachments

• poppy 011.jpg
    poppy 011.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 582
  • poppy 002.jpg
    poppy 002.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 581
Hi.
Well, Puma MOT time . It failed on the 9th of December as follows;

FAIL. Bad oil leak from engine, worn top mount rear nearside, front brake hose excessively deteriorated.
MONITOR. All four tyres getting low, front wheel bearing noise and slight wear in front top mount.

Well I got four new tyres, replaced the brake hose and put it in to my garage for the cam cover gasket and all new rear suspension less the springs. all done and passed on 3rd Jan. another £800 all in. Unfortunately I had to put it in the garage as I no longer have a garage of my own and not able to do the work outside this time of year. My MOT used to be due the end of June but with the six month Covid extension it moved to January. This year I will be getting it MOT'd again at the beginning of September so any work that needs doing in the future I will be able to undertake outdoors.

Regards,
Richard

Hi everyone.

I was doing an oil and filter change a couple days ago whilst under the car I spotted a rust hole in the sill along where it joins the floor pan (passenger footwell). Needless to say upon further investigation inside that was the tip of the iceberg. Cut a long story short I have booked it in for fabricated repairs to restoration standard at the end of the month. The water has obviously leaked in over a period of time through the large rubber grommet that has the wiring loom running through the bulkhead. :eek:

Regards
Richard.

• Wow
Reactions: red
Hey Richard, What front splitter do you run on this? Ive been looking for one for ages and can't seem to find anything similar. Build looks great! Mine had the bulkhead grommet issue too. :(

Latest posts

Back