My Puma (formally pictures at last)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.
For a number of years I made and sold the splitter. I have passed manufacturing to Fibersport.
I am no longer involved with the manufacture or supply of the splitter. This is the link to the website of Fiber Sport.

http://www.fibresports.co.uk/home
Please direct all enquiries and orders to Fiber Sport. They have manufactured GRP parts and accessories for vehicle over many years. When I was researching a manufacturer to make them for me I was happy to use Fiber Sport. Now I am not in the equation as a middle man the process should be streamlined and costs reduced.

Regards,
Richard

Their website looks like it hasn't been updated since the late 90s early 2000s. I was interested in one of the splitters but after trying to contact them with no luck I gave up.

Their address 34 - 36 Bowlers Croft, Cranes Industrial Area, Basildon, Essex SS14 3ED.
If you check that area on Google Earth, 34-36 Bowlers Croft, Honywood Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3ED, it shows as UK Stair Parts.
https://www.ukstairparts.co.uk/?gcl...UYPUjNs2U_xDe375113U6gI9SzBs1KpxoCIk4QAvD_BwE
There is a FIBRESPORTS LIMITED still active at Companies House. This may be the correct company, as the Nature of business is Manufacture of other plastic products, registered office is at Southend-on-Sea and Correspondence address of two directors is in Chelmsford:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07225073

Hi.
My Puma has been in the workshop for 4 days now. As expected it is worse than feared.
20230424_085601.jpg
This is how it looked lifting the carpet. All the rot has been cut out and treated. In addition a lot of rot at the bottom of the A pillar. Next week should see it all refabricated. I will post photos when done.
Regards Richard

Oh man! I bet you're glad you checked it when you did. Hope it all gets sorted out nicely 🙏

I recently purchased an 02 Puma with a Safety Devices Full roll cage in which had been used for Targa rallies. The front feet of the cage were bolted into rust like that.

Well time for an update. 2 months ago l fitted new front shocks and top mounts ect. Today fitted new discs and pads ready for the MOT in 10 days time.

Attachments

• 20231006_103129.jpg
    20231006_103129.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231006_144528.jpg
    20231006_144528.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: red
Hi all.
Had a set back a couple of days ago, went to start the car from cold.....massive misfire. Result below.
It is all repaired now. I now have another problem lumpy tick over almost stalling. I think the misfire has damage the IACV l have a spare so l hope to chang it when the rain stops. Never a dull moment.

Regards Richard

Attachments

• 20231008_160514.jpg
    20231008_160514.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231008_160531.jpg
    20231008_160531.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Wow
Reactions: red
Is that an lightning motorsport plenum? If so I thought they were aluminium, I'm glad I didn't throw a grand at one because they look incredibly poor.

Hi.
It has served well for three years. To be fair it was heck of a misfire......well more of an explosion, it was the likes I have never experienced in 52 years of driving, even one of my neighbours came out to see what had happened. I reckon whatever was fitted would have suffered some degree of damage. When I lifted the bonnet I expected to see a lot of damage. I repaired it and it is running again apart from playing silly buggers on tickover. It is booked in for a diagnostic on Tuesday.

Hi.
Two weeks ago after the MOT l had the drivers side front spring snap.
20231107_124208.jpg

I could not replace them with Ebach so l tried these. They are TUV rated and cost £64 for the front pair.
20231107_124610.jpg

The ride is now more user friendly than the Ebach springs the still give a nice firm ride. Definitely a cloud with a silver lining. I will eventually replace the rears.

So l now have one Ebach lowered spring free as a spare to anyone who is interested.

Regards Richard

Back