Possible panel reproduction by expressed steel

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fairness I did receive an email yesterday apologising for the delay and confining my request. However there was no indication of cost or timescale, I am not sure that it can be used as an accurate way of gauging demand though as I am sure a lot of people will either give up waiting and more importantly not buy when the price is revealed as at the moment the cost of the repair is still going to outstrip the value of the car at the moment.
Meaning that more cars will be lost as only true enthusiasts of the Puma are likely to stomach the cost, that said I understand that they are running a business that employ skilled staff and and that is their priority. I wish them the best of luck as we are losing far to many businesses like this and the skills that go along with it.

Having seen the quality of their panels, I agree they employ skilled staff to produce them. However, the problem appears to be, they lack similar skills to market and sell the products.
The tooling costs should be roughly the same to produce 20 or 200 units. Pricing for of each unit can be worked out on volume required. So, get a price for the tooling of the product, work out the price-breaks for 20, 40, 60, 80 etc. for example, and let us know them.

FRP Puma rear quarter panels are available, £780 each, including VAT:
https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/category/ford/puma-97-2002/body-side-puma-97-2002/?ct=t(EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_11_23_2017_COPY_01)&mc_cid=fbd9e878c0&mc_eid=dad38b9f7b

Standard Rear Quarter Panels now available £439.26 incl. VAT each:
R/H HALF REAR QUARTER PANEL:
https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/products/ford/puma-rh-half-rear-quarter-panel-pus13/

L/H HALF REAR QUARTER PANEL:
https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/products/ford/puma-lh-half-rear-quarter-panel-pus14/

Great to see expressed getting to grips with the Puma,their panels are excellent quality.
Now all we need is the front wings!!! :grin:

Hi,

My own personal view obviously, this is all about ten years to late, always better late than never. I can't help thinking how many Puma's might not have been scraped if panels were available, ten years ago there were still 32k 1.7's on the road. The latest figure shows 2800. An additional thing to consider, there would have been a lot bigger market and that would have resulted in lower unit costs.

Regards
Richard.

It is a shame nobody had taken this on sooner, considering panels are available for other cars from around the age/era.

I recently got a pair of rear quarters/panels for my Mk5 Fiesta for £36.95 delivered.

Presumably someone has actually given Express panels donor front wings to get a mold from,so to speak?I've got an os which has medium rust on the lower section but is probably good enough to get a mold from......

Commercially it makes no sense at all to make FRP panels. Very limited market and limited demand.
If that’s their approach to market then we will all be in the ground before the much needed stuff is available.
Does anyone need rear wheel arches - I have 10 sets from way back…
It’s the inner arch that I want a solution for.

Commercially it makes no sense at all to make FRP panels. Very limited market and limited demand.
If that’s their approach to market then we will all be in the ground before the much needed stuff is available.
Does anyone need rear wheel arches - I have 10 sets from way back…
It’s the inner arch that I want a solution for.
Standard rear arches ? Or Frp

Presumably someone has actually given Express panels donor front wings to get a mold from,so to speak?I've got an os which has medium rust on the lower section but is probably good enough to get a mold from......

FYI

The latest from them in relation to front wings...

Currently my production manager says we have no plans to reproduce these wings, he says if we had the interest from maybe 10 or more people we would consider making them however they would be quite expensive to reproduce.

Cheers

FYI

The latest from them in relation to front wings...

Currently my production manager says we have no plans to reproduce these wings, he says if we had the interest from maybe 10 or more people we would consider making them however they would be quite expensive to reproduce.

Cheers
Surely the forum has shown them more than 10 potential buyers before now???

Hi.
As a compromise fiberglass wings would be a viable option, ideal as the steel wings are a bold on.
Where can you get those? At one point there was a website somewhere selling individual carbon fibre or fibreglass panels but I can't seem to find it now including a bonnet which I was considering. Also don't want FRP panels as I only need the one.

Latest posts

Back