Vehicle For Sale Puma 1.7 quick sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polo

2000 silver Puma 1.7, 79000 miles, in Lancashire. Believe it or not, bodywork totally rust free - not even a tiny bubble. Good condition throughout, all original. All cards on the table, timing belt started to rattle and as I am returning to two wheels now a leg injury has recovered , and the MOT is due in April, I thought I'd see if I could offload it at a reasonable price to some deserving member. The ride is great, with lowered springs, and has never let me down once in the year I've had it. Happy to consider all reasonable offers.

Some kind of guide price would really help anyone vaguely interested to know they're in the right ball park (y)

Yes, it slipped my mind. I have never appreciated the value of money, which is probably why I have so little yet am so content and young-looking. I would say 1K is a great price for a buyer and a do-able loss for me, but as I said I am open to offers.

I'm fascinated to hear of a Puma that has miraculously escaped the attention of the tine worm. They are, after all, natural victims of rust because the original preparation and coating of the metal was so poor. My own car lived its first 20 years in Yorkshire with my stepmother, who pampered it and only covered 65000 miles. When it came to me, close inspection revealed that the rust, though not very apparent, was deep into it. The car had new full sills, rear wheel arches and the rear sections of the front wings were remade by hand by GP Panelcraft of Bracknell. The spare wheel carrier was remade in GRP by a fishing boat yard. It's now immaculate, but this has been achieved at considerable cost. I hesitate to generalise, but most Pumas will either need considerable work, or will just get patched up.

I'm fascinated to hear of a Puma that has miraculously escaped the attention of the tine worm. They are, after all, natural victims of rust because the original preparation and coating of the metal was so poor. My own car lived its first 20 years in Yorkshire with my stepmother, who pampered it and only covered 65000 miles. When it came to me, close inspection revealed that the rust, though not very apparent, was deep into it. The car had new full sills, rear wheel arches and the rear sections of the front wings were remade by hand by GP Panelcraft of Bracknell. The spare wheel carrier was remade in GRP by a fishing boat yard. It's now immaculate, but this has been achieved at considerable cost. I hesitate to generalise, but most Pumas will either need considerable work, or will just get patched up.
I would agree with you but for the fact that I've been under and sealed the rear half and couldn't find rust. I had one previously and it fell foul of the same problem. All I can do is take and post some pictures for you perhaps tonight.

Two small areas of rusting have appeared since my last thorough inspection last autumn, one on the sill and the other on the rear arch, both on the drivers side. I have attached pictures for your perusal. Pic2 is the arch patch magnified, and pic5 is the condition of the sills bar a bubble as mentioned. On a positive note, the mileage is under 75000 not 79000 as stated earlier.

Attachments

• 20230327_171147.jpg
    20230327_171147.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20230327_171331.jpg
    20230327_171331.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230327_171346.jpg
    20230327_171346.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230327_171219.jpg
    20230327_171219.jpg