Puma owners who own/have owned Motorbikes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianv5

Rather than Hi jack taliabees thread on m/cycles thought I would start one on who owns/ has owned Motorcycles.

I currently own a Kawasaki ZX7R and have previously owned a
94 Honda Fireblade,
Kawasaki ZZR600,
Kawasaki GPZ500,
Suzuki TS 125

And learnt my trade on a Fantic GT bored out to 51cc! That would do 60mph!

Own:

Honda CBR600FS
Suzuki GSF600

Owned:

Honda CG125
Kawasaki AR50

Started on:

On a red off-road bike which my brother owned, I don't recall the make nor model but it was a 2 stroke 50cc

Owned BSA 175cc Bantam Sports ..... long before half of you were born!!

It started off as red and chrome and ended up white and chrome with a full white sporty fairing. Other road users thought it was a police bike coming up behind - all great fun :D

Currently own a Yamaha FZR600R - not ridden since 1999!!

Last ridden/owned bike was a Cagiva Grand Canyon (900cc Ducati Motor)...SHITE!!!

Previous Bikes include (what I can remember)
Kawasaki ZZR600
Kawasaki KX500 (Motorcross)
Suzuki RG125
CZ125 (Don't laugh..lol)
Kawasaki ZZR600 (Yes I liked them so much I've had 2...lol)
Yamaha T80
Honda 90
Honda 70
Honda 70 (One was on it's last legs so bought another)
Suzuki RG125 (Same one as above)
Suzuki SP370
Suzuki B120
These are all I can remember.

I had all the Honda's, the T80, RG125, ZZR600 and KX500 at the same time at one point, this was when I was totally mad on bikes and wouldn't get rid of any...lol.

Got the RG125 brand new as my first road legal bike, passed test and bought my first new ZZR600 the same day while having bought all the mopeds in the weeks before my test (for a laugh). The ZZR got knicked at only 7 months old when I moved to Sunderland (Mackem gits!!). Bought my RG back from the garage I bought the ZZR from as they suprisingly just had it stored. Then that was sat for ages (after 11 pistons I thought it needed a rest...lol) and I bought another ZZR which was sold on about a year later due to lack of use (ex wouldn't let me play), until the Honda's, the T80 and the RG were all knicked in one night!!!...THIEVING BASTARDS!!.

Luckily the ZZR had just been sold and the KX was stored at a friends as he trailer'd it around with his when we went offroading.

Never bothered with bikes for a while after that and only bought the FZRR (a 94' L reg) a few months after I split with the kids mother - I was now free to go out with my mates again...lol. Had that about 6 months and then garaged it up in 1999 cos I'd been a naughty boy. Never ridden it since, was offered good money to part with it in 2000 but refused as I can't seem to let them go, although I did lend it to the mate who had offered me the cash, after he returned it I wish I'd taken the cash as he doubled the mileage on it - currently 17k only!! which is now around 1k a year - and brought it back in the dire condition it is in now. The CZ was a work bike that cost bugger all and did me well even though it was a bloody tank. Bought the Cagiva on a whim as it was sat at a tools auction so I bought it there and then in Oct 07, rode it twice and the third time it decided to screw up on me in Feb 08 meaning my safest route off it was to jump. Bike wrote off along with my right knee.

I would have had most of these bikes still if they hadn't been stolen from me!!

Keep getting tempted to buy another bike but if I think about it for too long I chicken out due to my experience on the Cagiva.

Not even sure I will finish or even start properly restoring my FZR which I've had a look at a few times and half heartedly try to get running but that's all. Will probably end up as a pile of scrap to remember my biking days :(

Midnight Blue said:
Owned BSA 175cc Bantam Sports ..... long before half of you were born!!

It started off as red and chrome and ended up white and chrome with a full white sporty fairing. Other road users thought it was a police bike coming up behind - all great fun :D

Herr is my Bantam 175/4

bsa.jpg

Paul

First bike..........Bantam 175 ratter
First legal bike....FSIE
A few lambo;s in my scooter days
Kawa kH250 triple
Suzuki GS550
Kawasaki 250 summat had it for a month then px it
CBR600
ZXR 750 H1
ZXR 750 H2
ZXR 750 J1
Yam YZF750
CBR900 RR x 2
Honda rs125 GP bikes x 6

Currently looking to sell my ZX7r, due to ongoing back problem and to fund new project.

HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2471047.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if anyone is interested or knows anyone that might be.

Currently own Honda SP-1
previously owned Honda CB500
Honda CBR600RR
I also worked at Triumph in Hinckley for several years so got to ride plenty of those!

I'm no longer a bike owner :(

Gave my FZR to my mate a couple of months back for helping me do the back garden. Think he actually regretted the gardening as his back is a little screwed now and we're no where near finished it....lol.

Doesn't stop him working on the bike though, which is now very streetfighter-esk.

ianv5 said:
Currently looking to sell my ZX7r, due to ongoing back problem and to fund new project.

HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2471047.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if anyone is interested or knows anyone that might be.

Sorted my back out so have kept the bike. Did a road trip to Belgium with no probs at all.

Regrettably sold the Puma though :'(

Currently own 2 x Suzuki GSX1400s

I would say one in bits and the other is my daily rider, but at the moment both are in bits :(

previously owned
Yamaha Fazer 600
Honda SLR650

Not owned a bike for years :-(

Used to own:

Yamaha FS1 50cc
Yamaha RD 50cc
Suzy RXS 100cc
Honda NSF 125cc
Honda CB Super dream 250 cc (awful)
Yamaha RD 250 cc
Kawasaki KR1S 250cc
Honda CBR 600cc
Honda VFR 400cc
Honda Fireblade 900cc
Kawasaki ZXR 750cc (The one that ended my riding days, 3 months in traction and skin grafts!! painful)

Back