Questys Pumber Thunder for sale 1.7 Silver

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quest63

For sale my much pampered 1,7 Thunder in Moondust siver aprx 68k / 69k but will confirm. Here is her story.

I have a rubbish memory so will fact check my details prior to any serious viewings.

I bought her In Sept 2013 after my previous Puma the Boggie was left bleeding and panting in the road due to a ninky nonk not giving way at the give way line and trying to kill me.

Along came Pumber a pretty little thing with I think 66k on the clock (which I believe I checked on the .gov site and was accurate. It also felt correct compared to my previous 98k car iirc. I have no service history.

She was from the start a hobby and not a daily drive and I had a ten year plan for her and basically spent accordingly. She cost £1300 and has had much more than that spent on her.

She has had -3omm eibach springs and brand new shocks fitted I estimate they haven't done 3k in mileage.I carbon wrapped the shocks where possible and painted them with multiple coats of paint to protect them where it wasn't, I haven't checked but I expect them to be completely rust free and apart from a bit of dirt like the day they were fitted.

I had a full 3 part clutch fitted I'm not 100% which make but I should have the receipt and I think it was Ford. I took a trip to the Midlands met Pumanoob had a few laughs and went home with a perfectly fitted perfectly performing clutch.Hope your keeping well Erroll? This also has less than 3k light wear on it (I'm old and no boy racer :grin: )

Next stop was Ginger Toms darn sarf who also did me a steller job fitting a new cam belt kit water pump auxilliary belt etc and did a good job with the hospitality when my back was playing up (many thanks to him and his great family) again This has less than 3k usage and although maybe three years ago and the advice is to change the damn things every five years regardless of mileage in my opinion its a barely used belt and tensioner and good for years.

Pumber doesn't suffer from melted steering wheel syndrome due to help from our friend in Croatia Wild.E coyote hope you and the family are well pal? Pumber has a grey and black retrimmed leather steering wheel which as well as looking great feels good and adds to the driving experience (I kid you not)

Pumber has a polished gear knob, and Lux mats the mats should be in near perfect condition as I got a bit anal about them keeping good and made clear plastic covers for them. The interior and seats are about as good as you could possibly hope for.
She also has the Ford mudflaps fitted,as well as the Ford silver handbrake cover she has black and magenta Puma logo Ford oval badges and 3D number plates with a magenta border and Puma logo and a bee sting aerial and aero wipers. There is also a magenta metallic Richbrook tax disk holder and a selection of Project Puma custom tax discs. Not to mention my take on FRP type window badges.

My previous Puma had just had new front wishbones fitted Ford iirc that had done roughly 400 yards before the car was written off I put these on Pumber just because I had them so they to are circa 3k mileage.

Pumber has ST150 front disks and calipers.

Pumber has a iirc £400 stainless steel Longlife exhaust circa 3k usage also. It is standard decibel wise but has a slightly larger than normal oval exhaust tip. Again circa 3k miles usage

Last year Pumbers fuel pump failed necessitating the removal of the tank. At this point anal retentive festival commenced and I bought her a brand new petrol tank and then commenced to paint it with multiple rust primer and iirc 8 coats of hammerite (well you would wouldn't you?) still not content in the bottom dept I then extensively de rusted the underbody up to the front of the tank and coated with multiple coats of de rusting gel, multiple coats of anti rust primer and multiple coats of hammerite. Oh and for good measure I replaced the rear brake copper lines from the rear of the tunnel to the hubs as well as the slave cylinders, and the rear brake hoses (ok even I get I was being obsessive by now) but it didn't stop me also setting about changing the front brake hoses and brake lines as well. At that point I got stopped in my tracks with iir the front brake copper pipe NOT fitted and since then I have had neither the time or energy to finish her off and get the pipe fited brakes bled and her started.

She's an overall good looking clean respectable car with some tidying now required to rear arches and rear sill on drivers side, She ran and drove great with a quiet faultless engine smooth quiet fuss free box and stopped and went round the twisty bits as you would hope. Her interior is as good as you could possibly expect. All the big bill and un glamorous items have been done within circa 3k miles with either Ford or Project Puma recommended parts. To reiterate Full new Ford clutch, Full new Ford cambelt tensioner, Longlife stainless exhaust, Lux Ford mats polished gearknob, new -30 eibachs and shocks, new Ford wishbones, new brake pipes and hoses all round, st 150 brakes, rear bushes done and axle painted. All the hard work and hard spending and off road time has mostly been done for you.

She is for sale for £1000 in my opinion she would break for twice this although that would be plain nasty even for me.

She was SORNED in December 2015 and her MOT ran out in May 2016. There were advisories for three brake pipes these have been done with the exception of the front drivers side pipe which isnt fitted, but which I have (somewhere). The buyer will have to refit this and bleed the system properly before starting the engine or you will get air in the abs system.

There is a fair amount of interest in Pumber Thunder so lets be clear its for you and reiterate a few points. It has sat in the garage unlooked at since last xmas its dirty, its battery is flat and its still jacked up at the front right in anticipation of the brake pipe that never was to be fitted.

I have edited the advert to include a few random piccies particularly the rear arches and new info should be in red

She is located in North Manchester M25 area

Contact me here or at

[email protected]

I will update this in red if I have left anything out as as soon as possible

Warm Regards hope your all well

Gary

IMG_2216_zpsllly2tcl.jpg

IMG_2218_zpskqlnj41c.jpg

IMG_2215_zpsxxscgqlw.jpg

IMG_2212_zpso8ovm2vt.jpg

IMG_2211_zps5chisdr5.jpg

IMG_2213_zpsf42hxwke.jpg