Random

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 900 Hornet before I got the Aprilia, it was that good I tried to buy it back off the dealer. Much better finish and quality than the Bandit.

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]352763[/post] I think i've finally decided on which bike to get when (if) I pass my full test; Suzuki Bandit 400. I know a few people with Bandits and they're a good all round bike, and a Suzuki so reliable and easy to work on. I've gone for a 400 as I think it's the perfect mix between power and affordability, as i'll be able to cruise on the motorway comfortably and keep up with bigger bikes but the tax, insurance and fuel costs won't be too high. Nor will it be too much of a step up from the lil' 125cc i'm on now so I won't go and kill myself immediately :lol:
I'd check out the insurance first, I've heard a lot of the 400cc versions can be more expensive to insure than their larger brothers due to them mostly being imports, 400's were never popular here but are one of the best selling classes in Japan, Their very strict (and expensive) road safety test (MOT) means lots of them get exported and insurance companies like to charge more for non uk models...I also suspect you'll find a 400 very under powered very quickly :wink:

I sort of want to go for something underpowered at first just because I know I'll hurt myself if I don't :lol:

There is a puma for sale round the corner from me.. thunder. 127k. Bit rusty. MOT til April. £450..

I already have two puma's, a fiesta and a signum on the drive. As well as mum's focus and boyfriend's BMW. ..

Surely room for another ickle wickle puma though. ..!?

I won 'Ride of the month' on the RC forum I'm on and now my car's at the top banner :grin:

Reminds me of when we used to do the exact same thing with COTM.

oilburner said:
[post]354336[/post] Get rid of the Signum, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life :lol:
Sally (the signum) is lovely, and so versatile! Her fate is undecided but the st is definitely going once I get some bits sorted on it. The signum has proven to be very handy and may end up as the family workhorse...

Went to tax my car today which expires 31/07 (as per the reminder) to find that it hasn't been taxed since 26/05 :?

Phoned the DVLA who are now investigating but supposedly they've been informed that it's been permanently exported :!:

He asked a number of times if I was sure the car hadn't left the Country.. which I'm quite confident it hasn't since it's mostly on the driveway..

Anyway just though it was a bit odd.

Apparently it's fine to drive and I should just re-tax it as normal on the first of the month.

Oh and I might get sent a new V5C.. lol wtf

I'd go and have a word with TC Harrison!!! :evil:

I am bored sh*tless. I fell asleep earlier this evening for an hour or so and it's totally knocked me of kilter. :pinkeye:

Granted, I'm still not 100% on the front end but I'm getting a tingly feeling about this new MX5. Not due until next year but needs a serious coat of looking at.

12Mazda_MX-5RF_showmodel_Side_close_black.jpg

1Mazda_MX-5RF_showmodel_RQ_open_black.jpg

13Mazda_MX-5RF_showmodel_Side_open_black.jpg

11Mazda_MX-5RF_sm_Side_movement_468x600.jpg

I'm not massively keen on the roadster, it just looks a bit strange to me, but that with the hardtop is the mutt's nuts. I've always preferred the coupe shape over the roadster, eg. in Jaguar XKs and things, so it was always going to appeal to me.

Got stung by a wasp today...first time since I was about 12 years old...forgotten how bloody painful a wasp sting is :-(

Applied the anti-stingy cream stuff then discovered you are meant to wash the area first, apply a cold pack then the anti-stingy cream stuff so did it all again....still hurts though several hours later.

Clearly not my day today as had just coated the new car in wax ready to polish as the weather was clear and not too hot when the heavens opened and it p****d down :evil:

Hey ho, another day tomorrow

Was watching a video on youtube today (about cars of course lol), and the guy mentioned the insurance company he is with where he pays a base price to cover all his cars (he has many) then only pays per mile for when he's actually driving either one of them.

This is an excellent way to pay for insurance for those who have several cars and/or do low mileage every year. Totally makes sense as we have all no doubt said at one time that we can't drive two or more cars at once so why should we have to pay to do so.

It saved this guy $300 per MONTH as he was initially paying for full insurance for them all like we currently have to do in the UK, and that's the downer, I did a bit of research and can find no one in UK who does the same :(

A plus side too is that you can use an app that connects to OBD port (assuming with a similar wireless reader thing like I have on my car) and the app gives you info (again like a reader) plus also tells you where your car is if you lose it lol. Not sure if that can be done anyway as my reader has a very short range....and I don't have a smart phone yet either :lol:

Back