Random

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a penguin at the moment :lol:

Land Rover Defenders in varying states of disrepair at the moment as I'm away with work. At home I've got a Volvo V40, but it'll likely be for sale when I get back next year (assuming people are actually still buying cars).

Hi Neil , my friend has a FFR Tithonus that started life as a 2.5 NA engine in it when he purchased it and struggled to exceeded 55mph. He has since had a 300TDI engine fitted. Which now has much better performance.

Another friend has a Defender 110 2.5TD , so I am familiar with most of their on going issues :grin:

Doors that don't seal properly this leaking at freezing one half of your body whilst driving along is a regular complaint :lol:

Every time I manage to read some of my pile of unread books I seem to be given so many more that the pile is constantly growing!

Gross ;p

Just went into the garage as I felt the RX needed to be started as it hasn't been started since last JUNE!!
I've not even stepped foot in their since last September to grab the lawn mower.

Damn steering wheel was covered in mould - yuk!
A very small amount elsewhere but gave the inside a good spring clean then let it sit running with heaters on full chat for an hour :lol:

A/C blows nice & cold but I suspect it needs regassing as it's nowhere near as cold as I remember i.e. frostbite-worthy.
Best try to get into a monthly starting up & warm up routine at least I guess. (better late than never lol)

Poor Rex. No idea when it's gonna get driven next, been over a year since it saw daylight :-(

I little bit of damp can make a big mess in stored cars, my neighbour has one in his garage that I think he's now afraid to look in :lol:

You should get the rex out, it's a nice car

I feel like this question might get lost in this thread unless it's simply a rhetorical random musing

red said:
I feel like this question might get lost in this thread unless it's simply a rhetorical random musing

Yeah, maybe. Its not that important or urgent so I wasn't terribly worried about it. On my continent, there are about three answers to this question so I was hoping it would be equally quick on yours, not requiring a dedicated thread.

Something like this?

https://www.kitspares.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=_32&product_id=792&car=

eBay has one on the go at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sierra-Mt75-Gearbox/284253809780?hash=item422ed8ec74:g:k3EAAOSwqUZgczKj
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Transit-Mk-6-gearbox-5-Speed-Mt75/324537798529?hash=item4b8ff5cf81:g:KvYAAOSwgptgW694

I also found some info on the following link about some differences between bolt patterns etc depending where they were fitted
http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/components/mt75-gearbox/

Anyone fancy an upgrade??

:drive: <<<~~~ click on this little fella :lol: Was only on £10k when I posted it. Let's see what it goes for :pose2:

Hey Matt (Red), why are these emoticons so small nowadays - can't see that little fella enjoying his new ride :lol:

Edit:- Whoosh, up tp £205k in only 10hrs

Edit2:- It reached a few tenners short of £250k but not the reserve price which I find crazy. With buyers fee & vat that is well over £300k. I guess they're hoping for a huge price because it's No.1 of 600. I'm not sure if it is actually the first, but just 1 of the 600 as they all say 1 di 600. I suspect the seller may be trying to pull a fast one. I certainly wouldn't bid unless I had concrete proof it was indeed the first off the production line. Who knows as there are newer, lower milaged ones on Autotrader for much less & I wouldn't buy one anyway :lol: :roll:

It's weird finding yourself needing to buy a new car, when you weren't planning to buy a new car.

I doubt it will be actually 'new' but new to me and haven't got any favourites particularly. I'm looking within a set of constraints to see what's available when I'm ready.

I'd say at the top of the list is currently a 2020 Mazda 3 2.0 GT Sport.

I still need the car to be comfortable enough for 270 mile trips with 4 people, a dog and luggage but I also don't particularly want something too boring looking (subjectively in my opinion).

Latest posts

Back