Rear suspension – Removal, strip, rebuilding and refitting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errr, sorry guys, not for me. Still just numbers

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]345810[/post] All good here! Cheers mods!

XAF - cached page? Try pressing CTRL + F5 to force refresh (presuming you're on a windows PC).

iPhone I'm afraid. I'm an apple geek!

Well, I stand corrected! Just cleared my iPhone cache and it works! Yippee!! Thanks guys

Right, so followed the guide, rebuilt with new monroe shocks and 40mm lowering springs. Dropped it slowly off the stands and the top of the struts protrude from the mount and move freely when bouncing. Shocks seem to be the right ones, springs are deffo for a puma. Wtf have I done wrong?

Hmm. Put the top mount on after the circlip mibbe and then the shafts won't be free to move up and down through the mount mibbe?

photo6.jpg

If the rear shocks look like the above with the springs unclamped - what could have happened / be the problem?

In that picture the circlip is not meant to be there.

Mountney have sent me a new set of GMAX Supersport suspension (which is what the above part is from) and looking at the new part the circlip should be about an inch further down the shaft in it's own channel (not where it is located).

So i did everythibg asked and play was still there. Had to cut of thw metal top (round smaller part) by 7mms off. That made the whole assembly on the top mount sit tight and torsued to spec. Suspension suddenly started working as it should without any signs of shock just bimping into the body frame.

Latest posts

Back