Retiring from Puma ownership

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholls

First Puma from new in 1998. this lasted until 2011 when it rusted through. Said I would never own another Ford and now drive VW's. The Puma bug bit again in 2016 and we purchased a 2001 Thunder with less than 54,000 miles and only one previous owner (apart from the dealer that took the personal plate off the car).
Spent over £1000 with a full service. two tyres, new cam belt, suspension bushes and so on.
Purchased another two complete Thunders (silver) as spare part cars.
Had every intention of driving and doing a rolling restoration but had a break issue in 2017, drove the car into the barn to fix it and thats the last time I drove it!
With Self employment and various issues the cars has now been sat for six years, under cover, and is time for all of them to go.
Is it worth trying to sell then of just call the scrap guy to pick them up?

Where are you based, may help generate some interest. I would strongly suggest that as donor cars they would be worth something to somebody, I might be interested depending on where you are in the country

I could have sent my Thunder to the breakers as an end of life vehicle for as much as I sold it, but managed to find a purchaser who wanted a Puma as a project. If any of them are savable, then in my opinion that's the best way to go, as the number of Puma's is decreasing daily.
#Save the Puma's

Latest posts

Back