Reverse light and fog light wiring help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Hi all, just done a 2000 plate zetec s to puma conversion but not sure on the wiring changes I need to get the front fog lights and reverse light working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Conversion is all done and running sweet but would love to get the reverse light working as it should and also to have the factory fitted spotlights working

Late reply I know but the reverse light is switched by the little sensor in the gearbox so should be easy enough to sort a circuit for that.
Fog lights are the same, fuse, wiring, button on the dash etc.

Fez_Fog.png

For the reverse light, the purple wire in the green connector needs to be joined to the orange wire in the white connector.
I cut them both then joined the purple wire from the loom to the orange wire in the connector - you should be able to work that out looking at the picture.

As or the fog lights, I think they are operated from the orange wire from the loom (that was connected in to the white connector. Looking at that picture it looks like a joined a long wire to that remaining orange wire and joined that to the fog lights. That was a few years ago and I have no idea why I did it them way.
It may even be possible to literally swap the purple and orange wires around.

Anyone got a step by step guide for resolving the reverse light issue when putting puma engine into a 2001 zetec s fiesta? Also trying to get the spotlights working too if anyone has any details on this please?

View attachment 10109

For the reverse light, the purple wire in the green connector needs to be joined to the orange wire in the white connector.
I cut them both then joined the purple wire from the loom to the orange wire in the connector - you should be able to work that out looking at the picture.

As or the fog lights, I think they are operated from the orange wire from the loom (that was connected in to the white connector. Looking at that picture it looks like a joined a long wire to that remaining orange wire and joined that to the fog lights. That was a few years ago and I have no idea why I did it them way.
It may even be possible to literally swap the purple and orange wires around.
That is great. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back