Part Wanted Throttle cable

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfiepink

Hi i'm looking for a throttle cable for a millennium Puma. Can't find one any where.

Me too! I'm thinking I may have to contact a classic type place that restores them or makes them up to order

If you manage to find one, make sure you keep the metal clip out of the "stretchy" in-line device, that sits over the cambelt cover area! The new ones come without that clip and is supposed to be transferred onto it!

I had my accelerator cable replaced on my 1.7 about 10 years ago and found the clip was missing, after the garage did it! I managed to cut down a "Giant Wavy" paperclip and bend it so it fitted into the stretchy device slot and clipped in securely!

When I got the cable from a Ford dealer, I was told there were just over a hundred remaining in their "Dead & Dying" stock at Ford's Dealer Parts Distribution Centre in Northamptonshire. Apparently, these were likely to be disposed of in the near future (even back then!). However, they might have been passed over to the old parts distribution service, called National Clearance Centre (NCC), run by Foray Motor Group, for a few car brands (Thanks for that info., Mr. Google!). That was apparently re-branded as International Clearance Centre. You never know, if some of them MAY still be floating around, with enough searching!

Anyway, good look with the hunt!

If you manage to find one, make sure you keep the metal clip out of the "stretchy" in-line device, that sits over the cambelt cover area! The new ones come without that clip and is supposed to be transferred onto it!

I had my accelerator cable replaced on my 1.7 about 10 years ago and found the clip was missing, after the garage did it! I managed to cut down a "Giant Wavy" paperclip and bend it so it fitted into the stretchy device slot and clipped in securely!

When I got the cable from a Ford dealer, I was told there were just over a hundred remaining in their "Dead & Dying" stock at Ford's Dealer Parts Distribution Centre in Northamptonshire. Apparently, these were likely to be disposed of in the near future (even back then!). However, they might have been passed over to the old parts distribution service, called National Clearance Centre (NCC), run by Foray Motor Group, for a few car brands (Thanks for that info., Mr. Google!). That was apparently re-branded as International Clearance Centre. You never know, if some of them MAY still be floating around, with enough searching!

Anyway, good look with the hunt!
I've got one good spare throttle cable here happy to post

Latest posts

Back