ULEZ coming to include South Circular 🙄

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roary

The dreaded 25th October approaches closer with each sunrise. The Ulez charge is being extended to include the South Circular in London.
This includes me ! I certainly don't want to get rid of my Puma especially as it's emissions are practically zero ( but proving this to Ulez looks a nightmare online) and it continues to perform without problem after years of driving.
So is there anyone else in this boat?
My options....Sell. And miss out on its future price increase !
Keep. And just pay the £15 each trip. Admittedly I only use it two or three times a week now for supermarket . Could cut down to once...
Or I suppose store it ,but I only have roadside parking. The charge only applies when it is driven and comes on camera.
Or move I suppose but that's a bit drastic and hard in social housing.
Guess I am going to keep it. In fact I find myself looking for a yellow millennium a fair bit now as well. And missed a couple of nice ones.
Anyone not in this zone consider yourselves lucky ....wish I wasn't
End of waffle.....

Could be worse, the low emission zones coming to cities in Scotland next year don't have the option of a daily charge. it's just going to be an offence to drive a non-compliant vehicle into the zone, end of. :-(
£60 fixed penalty notice for the first offence and doubles for every subsequent offence upto a max of £480.

:eek: Someone sold up either earlier in the year or last year because of this as well.

PhilLew said:
compliant

Sorry to hear that...Driving used to be such fun back in 1977 when I passed the test. Such a freedom.....Now..I just dread getting behind a wheel. Signs,bumps,signs,no entry, bumps , road checkpoints more Draconian than escaping East Berlin to the West., bumps ,signs.......very sad.
I enjoy my bike rides more now, they have the old freedom of a car. But I suppose that was their plan

All coming to everywhere eventually I suppose...borrowed time for all

Back