wee puma's milly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan on getting "buttercup" out from under her winter coat this weekend, battery going on charge soon, will then fire her up and see what the winter has done to her.

Not planning on putting her back on the road till 2015 but at least we can get some "twin" pictures

Pity I'am working the weekend zinc :-( weathers meant to be pretty crap too was hoping to get the new rocker cover gasket and aux belt fitted but am sure it's going to be too wet for that :'(

Not a lot happened to Milly since she passed her MOT, She's had a new aux belt and I have a new rocker cover gasket waiting to go on she's also had the front drivers wing changed as it had a ripple on it

image.php

It's still to be polished up so I haven't taken another photo of it fitted

Also need to have a look at the rear brakes as she refuses to hold on the hand brake despite everything being new!

Was hoping to get something done today but the weathers crap and I feel crap so maybe next week!

Re the rear brakes, if you go back to one of my posts you will see that after replacing my rears I had the same problem, solution was......wind off the handbrake adjuster nut at the lever end, I know it sounds counter productive winding it off but this then allows the self adjusters in the shoes do their thing, handbrake should then be fine once you have pumped the pedal a few times.

Good luck

Interesting!! I thought the hand brake was too tight but the man says no!

I'll free it off a bit and see if it makes a difference hubby's took pity on me and has put the new rocker gasket on and has her up changing the rear upper support bearings

Am off a couple of days this week I so want to just drive her lol

My handbrake felt really tight as well when I had renewed everything, just didn't work though......once I had backed it right off though, few pumps of the pedal got it working, then I was able to re-adjust it to suit

Zinc it worked!! Loosened off and today's the first I've had her out and she held no problem on the handbrake :grin:

So am I the mot tester passed her and noted it as an advisory and just told us to check it over so that's the 3 advisories been dealt with so it's just cleaning and polishing for a while oh and driving :grin:

Time to turn the attention to the focus as she's due her mot soon and the wheel arches have started to bubble :| fords and rust lol

So Milly has developed a "leak" from the engine area most probably oil seems to be from the right hand side somewhere...... Oh the joys!!

Also still have an issue with the back brakes!!!

As she is currently my main driver as the focus is having work done this is not what I need :(

I replaced it about a month ago as it was leaking hadn't leaked since but now I have spots of oil on the drive, just been too hot to get out there and have a look lol

Back