wee puma's milly!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some folk also use gasket sealant with them. Perhaps the surfaces weren't cleaned properly and some old gasket or dirt is causing the prob? Or maybe its just oil from the previous leak working its way off or a cv boot split and spreading grease about and not oil.

Defo new oil it's a bit cooler today so with get it up and have a look about I pray this won't be a big job!

I haven't done it myself, but Autodata reckon it's 3 hours for the front seal and 4 for the rear. And that's for a competent mechanic, not that i'm doubting your skills, you may be a master for all i know :D

But i guess it'd be a fair old job anyway, but do able.

myweepuma said:
Ok so looks like the oil may be looking from the crank shaft seal how big is this job?

It is a PIA job, really. The front one means you have to take down the timing belt (and recommend to do it rather swiftly, as the oil could lubricate the belt and make it skip with catastrophic results).
The back one means taking down the gearbox and flywheel. It is probably the front one, if it was the rear youd probably have the clutch slipping already.

Ok so Milly defo is leaking from the crankshaft seal hubby started taking her apart this morning and has decided it's not a job for the driveway so it's gonna have to be done at the garage :'( so he's put it back together again

On the plus side focus is back on the road and back to being my main driver passed the mot with just a missing wheel but to note!

So I just need to find lots of £'s to have it done!

Felt sorry for her so have her a clean lol

image.php

image.php

Latest posts

Back