What car have you been obsessing about today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherie said:
You said that a few months ago Neil, and talked yourself out of it. Again. :wink:

I'm blaming a week of not leaving the house (aside from walking the dog). I've spent a lot of time on auto trader.

Neil said:
I'm blaming a week of not leaving the house (aside from walking the dog). I've spent a lot of time on auto trader.
Apart from not leaving the house, how is that different to normal? :lol:

Cherie said:
Neil said:

She's got a point you know... :-D

Cherie said:
Neil said:

:lol:

Welcome back to my favourite thread...

I'm quite glad I'm back at work this week, I'd started looking at Abarth 500's :oops:

That's not a bad shout, they do sound nice. I wouldn't worry about them being smaller either, chap Darren works with is over 6ft, and he has plenty of headroom. Plenty of room for a small doggo in the back as well. :eek:k:

Because I'm bored...Here's the car that made me love driving:

1985 RX7.jpg

I wish I had been in a different place in life when I owned it because I couldn't give it what it needed.

golf30_1_560px.jpg

Don't laugh....well ok, laugh as much as you want, I did :lol:

But I seriously considered this thing last night as a cheap runaround. I like quirky but not sure if this is even too quirky for me.

On the plus side it's so damn ugly I doubt anyone would touch it :lol:

e1e2eb59fc894d3597ab3524f834d94e.jpg

Full link if you want to have a giggle at all the photo's - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009073410529

Oh...and to add, it's not a replacement. I think the RX is likely going to be mine forever now whether I use it or not. Then my kids will likely sell it on for peanuts to buy an iPhone 50 or whatever is around when I keel over :lol:

source

:wub:

A couple of Frenchies today:

Peugeot~208~GTI~(1).jpg

peugeotrcz_01.jpg

I just like them both, although I am put off by the Prince 1.6 engine they share (I had the same one in my Mini Cooper S, and it is well known for timing chain and coking issues).

There's one car I've been obsessing over for over 20 years. I loved the first and second generation, then cooled off a little for the third generation, but the ND (4th gen) really re-sparked my passion for this car, and the RF in particular was pretty much the most perfect thing I'd ever seen.

This weekend, I finally bought it.
Purchase1.jpg

2021 (new) MX-5 RF GT 6sp manual trans, black/black.
I had the dealer put some Continental snow tires on it to get me through the winter and so far they are really impressive. I've got almost 800 miles in the car in the last 72 hours and I was smiling for every one of them.

:pose: looks like a beautiful car. I've always fancied a Mazda, I quite liked the 3rd gen looks as well.

Back