puma has let me down for the first time!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

first time with either puma ive had that its let me down. i finished work this morning at 6am , went to the car and the battery is completely flat,to the point that the dash lights and clock werent even on! tried jump starting off my mates car but wouldnt have it. couldnt jump start it as the car aprk is flat and couldnt get enough speed up. this is all a bit of a drag after a 12 hour night shift, especially when i live 22 miles away!!
had to get my mate to bring me home, which is a big ask really as he lives 14 miles in the totally opposite direction. im thinking that as the car was fine when i parked up, and im pretty sure i left nothing on, that the battery has given up the ghost.
have a dillema now as i will go to work in the cmax and take the new battery, but if this solves the problem im left at work with two cars!

you shore about that ..... perhaps the missis can take you to work ..ore a pall ..... there is always a solution :twisted:

i took a new battery in last night and chucked it on, car is starting finr now. im getting my dad to take me in in a bit to pick it up. just a bit of a pain as it takes 40-45 mins each way.

I had a similar problem after I finished one evening in December. Although in my case I realised that I had left my side lights on. The car was dead... no central locking, alarm, clock...

Fortunately my employer has some handy folks around who gave me a battery boost and off I toddled.

Your battery needs a full preferably overnight charge, this is about the only reason my Battery let me down on too.

If it is the original battery, then it is best to replace it

yeah was the battery, not really the car that let me down. i keep meaning to try charging the old one to see what happens but havent got round to it yet.

Latest posts

Back