Puma No.2

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

Just picked up Puma No.2. Not a perfect example but that would not be any fun. Got some work to do on it from the basics like oil, cam belt, water pump ect to swapping out my current leather interior and getting the rear arches replaced. Also got to remove some rather nasty graphics that are really not for me, each to their own....
I will try and get some pics up tomorrow so you can see what I've spent my money on.

So I spent some time Wednesday removing the graphics on my new Puma.
Here are some before shots.
Pumano3_zps0c088e24.jpg

Pumano1_zps5497fa26.jpg

It was all going well using a hairdryer to soften the vinyl and glue until this happened.
20130405_184244-1_zps2a22cfff.jpg

A large piece of paint just come away. Not best pleased as you can imagine :-(
Any way I carried on removing all that was left and then spent some time rubbing off all the left over adhesive.
As you can see from this pic the rear arches need doing. Thanks to Rob for sorting out the rear arch replacement orders I should be able to get them done soon, as well as the patch of missing paint !!!
20130405_184258_zps0587ae51.jpg

I have also swapped out the leather interior from my old Puma, still got the front door cards to do, and wired in my old amp, rear qtr 6X9's, head unit and the rather loud sub that came with the car. I will swap the front speakers when I change the cards and have a go at pushing out some of the dents in both front doors.
I have also removed the spare wheel & carrier due to the fact I could not tighten it up any more and it still rattled and clonked about. I supose removing it has compensated for the added weight of the sub :)
Anyway still loads to do so I will update as and when. Have a great weekend and for all those going to FITP I will see ya there.

Well I swapped over the front door cards the other day and replaced the original speakers. I have also swapped over the window and heated screen switches to blue led ones to match the dash which was done when I bought the car.
Today I have swapped my front wishbones over which had only been on my old car for about 4 months. Now apart from the anti roll bar I am fully powerflexed at the front. The rear bushes should turn up by saturday so that, all being well, will be done soon.
While doing the front I found the off side inner driveshaft gaiter split and the near side steeling rack gaiter split as well. Another job to do soon as I get them. I will replace the trackrod ends and fit the ARB bushes at the same time. So as you can tell I have some work still to do. I guess it all adds to the fun of owning a 12yr old car :grin:

Nice to see this puma still on the site! Had a nose around it at Ford Fair last year, yes that sub was rather loud, does it still have the neons? Not my thing to be honest but it's good to see its in the hands of someone who will take care of it :eek:k: good call getting rid of the graphics too :lol:

Got up after another night shift and set about replacing the split gaiters and track rod ends. All in all it wasn't to bad so decided to do the beam bushes. What a pain, the off side bolt had beed rounded off previously. After a lot of swearing I finally managed to undo the bolt and fit my new powerflex bush. Will be doing the nearside tomorrow as I was cold, wet & feeling knackered. If the weather holds out I might fit my 20.5mm rear spacers while it up on stands.

I ordered a dark dash surround and black heater control panel off ebay last night so I can now add those to my list of things to do :lol:
Onwards and upwards :lol:

Have now polybushed front and rear and added the rear axle spacers. Problems with ABS/ Traction control lights but that is in another thread.
The black heater control panel turned up this morning so before I went to work I swapped them over. Not bad really only took 20mins.
Before

After

Now just waiting for the dark dash surround. I read up on how to change the lighting to blue LED on the heater panel and decided to stick with spanners and hammers. Electrical bits like that are not really me :lol:

Fitted the dark grey dash surround the other day. Quite a simple task to be honest. Because it only took 15mins i needed someting else to do. Decided to have a go at the FRP air box mod. Followed the post I found on "how to" but instead of using a hot glue gun I used p40 fibreglass to fill the gaps and make it a bit more sturdy. Just to make sure it was sealed once I had rubbed down all the mess I used some RTV to seal it all up. For the front air feed I used the flexi that came with my old K&N induction. A little bit of cutting but it all fits quite nicely to the front grill.
Need to start thinking about what to do next.

Decided to tackle my suspension and rear beam today ahead of the weekend.
Six hours later I have now removed my rear beam and fitted my old one from my '98 Puma with 30mm spacers and powerflex bushes. Did this so I could use my coilovers which were fork mount. I have also fitted new top mounts front and back plus new top bearings on the front. While it was all off I have replaced the drop links as well.
The car had neons fitted underneath when I bought the car so while up on stands I took a pair of side cutters to the cable ties and wires and removed them.
To get the ABS sensor to fit on the nearside I used my dremmel to cut away the angled part of the plug so that the wire was able to flex straight out of the sensor, worked a treat and no lights up on the dash :grin:

Just need to set the height up and have the tracking done at the weekend. Im working nights this week so ran out of time today to get that done. Now at work and starting to feel the aches setting in from a days graft on only 4hrs sleep :-(

Forgot I even started this thread :lol:
Its been a while since I added anything so thought I would add the current bit of work.
Needed to sort out my front brakes as the current discs are warped and shake the hell out of the car when braking :-(
First up I bought some 17" wheels, ET40, and fitted them with 15mm hubcentric spacers. Next I got some Mondeo calipers from Ebay. These were a little rusty to say the least so I cleaned them up. When clean I noticed the dust seal was split so again back on Ebay for a seal kit. Hopefully this should turn up this week along with some drilled & grooved discs & pads.
While I have them all clean and stripped might as well paint them so going for blue I think. Here are some pics of before and after cleaning. I will update as I go.

After a bit of bead blasting

I also needed to replace my plugs & leads so went all out and got a set of Magnecor leads, Denso irridium plugs and a new hyperblaster coil.
I have to say none of this would have been possible without some help from the bank of mum and dad plus my little plastic friend. :thumbs:

Had a little clean up after work today and thought I would share a couple of pics with the new wheels.

And just because I can a shot of the shiny exhaust :lol:

The arches were part of a group buy organised by Evilrob. Never had them fitted in the end and sold them on :-(

Black interior looks awesome on black Puma! Do you have any images what it looks like inside after installing roof and carbon parts?

Latest posts

Back