Boot wont open

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treendy

Hello,

Can anyone tell what direction i need to turn my key to open my boot?

It doesnt open either way, and pressing the key makes no sound or shows any sign of doing anything boot related.

I tried the key, clockwise and anticlockwise, but if i knew which direction was correct i could apply a bit more force maybe? :?

you turn the key to the right i believe (clockwise) towards the outside of the car... try spraying some wd40 in there or other lubricant and wait a bit before you try the boot button or key again...

also there is a way to open it from the inside if you pull the boot carpet back... although i have not done this so maybe someone else can help...

if you get it open it will be worth cleaning the contacts maybe even with sand paper so get a better contact.

One more thing... if the boot makes a noise like its trying to open but cant try pushing down on it and then opening it after... mine decided not to open on the weekend but i just pushed down on it and then opened it... must not have closed it properly.

mine turns clockwise, turns easy at first then seems to come to the stop, turn it a bit harder and it pops up. you can get to the release solenoid if you take out the passenger rear light then look in between the back of the car and the bumper, you should be able to move the solenoid by hand to pop the boot.

Get into the boot by removing the parcel shelf (does come out with a bit of fiddling) pull back the off side carpet (that's left as you look at it from the inside) you can now see the back of the lock itself, turn it by hand, boot should pop...

Solenoid is bit of a dodgy item as is the lock itself...lots of wd40 and patience should free it

Good luck

Thank you for all your help

I pulled back the carpet but its just the boot metal floor underneath?

found it, thank you.

I can open the boot if i turn the white part, but the metal bit that goes into this from the keyhole doesnt move when i turn the key... i can see very slight movement, but not enough... are these easy to remove and replace? (tried WD40 in the keyhole and on this thing)

Mine was solid, lots of wd40 into the key hole and lots of patience fixed it, key now turns fine, you have to remember that we are all lazy sods and if there is a button for something we will use it until it breaks, by which time the actual key hole has seized solid due to complete lack of use.

Keep at it and it will turn....eventually :grin:

Latest posts

Back