Whats it worth?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

My Puma track car...

Considering selling up as lost interest and to fund my Land rover project.

Not 100% decided yet, but cant see me using it much now, no longer motivated by people around me etc as they are all family people now.

Really don't know where to think to begin with on this one, there's some high quality expensive bits on it, but I know it will never generate the money to cover those costs, but then its got to be worth more than a standard one.

I guess if anyone has any price info on similarly specced cars?

A couple of pics

376814_10151112947005730_180169869_n.jpg

378224_10151145731305730_306353199_n.jpg

282852_10151023819230730_1494506380_n.jpg

Just some of the main parts on it, don't want to go into massive detail as this isn't a for sale thread

16inch Speedlines
Wilwood 6 pot 300mm brakes
Quaiffe Diff - FRP gearbox both only done about 1000miles
Custom Cages 6 point cage, converted to bolt in so can be removed.
AP coilovers
Lexan side windows
Rear discs
R888's only done one session.
ABS removed - bias valve installed
Powersteeering converted to manual
Rear diffuser
Front splitter

No tax or test, and car has done about 90k

PS: Not splitting

Cracking track car for someone I'm sure!

I'm not an expert in prices of track cars but I'd also expect it to fetch more than a standard one.

The unfortunate thing is Steve that it would fetch more money split apart.
People generally don't buy track cars ready built, they get a cheap car and change a few things on it for theyre track fun. People buy ready built cars for a purpose and yours doesn't really fit into many catagories.
To actually get a sale on this, and don't be offended, plus I hope tou realise that you will never get back the money you put into it, but to get a sale the mark is about £2000. You could possibly get more by selling it in bits, but unfortunately the market is not really there.
Sorry if this is unsettling.

It's always going to be worth more to you than anyone else because you know all the blood, sweat and
censored.gif
tears that went into it.

Boggo Pumas are down to around £500 now, maybe £1000 for one in really good nick, so I would also have put a "back of a fag packet" estimate of around £2k if you can find an enthusiast on here who appreciates your work.

I would imagine Ian G should be the first person to talk to seeing as he bent his track Puma earlier in the year?

1:30 in -
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSf6d8GmLck[/youtube]

Sorry to see your considering to sell Steve as I know how much work you've put into it but if it no longer interests you then fair play. Was wondering what was happening as haven't seen you on here for a long time so now we know.

I'm not really sure what it's worth but you have to come to a figure in your own mind and ignore the actual costs and time that it took to get it where it is now. The only opinion I can give is I think it's a nice bit of kit for 2 grand if that's the consensus on it's value. Whether you would get that though or more is only down to whoever fancies it if/when you decide to sell it and for what price.

Good luck whatever you do ;)

Where is the car currently located?

I know someone who would be interested in this as they are currently looking for a track car.

Bentleya said:
Where is the car currently located?

I know someone who would be interested in this as they are currently looking for a track car.
Assuming it's at his house, he's in Worcestershire IIRC.

sale thread here

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=23672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back