Puma rear tailgate light not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT1234

Hi,

My Puma failed it's MOT because the rear brake light on the tailgate is not working.
We've taken all the plastic off (very awkward!) and have got to light.

All bulbs are working but the light doesn't come on.

So far we've
- cleaned all connectors
- checked bulbs

Is it true the power supply to the tailgate brake light runs through the gas strut?

Any ideas?!

Thanks

The wire runs down the side of tail gate and mine had snapped near to where it entered tailgate. I spliced a bit in and sheathed it with a piece of outer cable to stop water getting in as it sits in the rain water channel.

Here's a question...
What is the purpose of the 4 brass connectors on the tailgate (the springy pins)? Because I thought the power came through those connectors into the tailgate to power the wiper motor and tailgate brake light?

Heated rear screen ,wiper motor and also the 4button that can only be pushed in operates the boot interior light,look at the strut on the right hand side,should see a connector on the strut,which maybe detached from the single wire going to it,this is what feeds the brake light only,

Thanks martinthrapston. So it is the gas strut on the drivers side which we need to check then.
I installed new gas struts last year and wasn't aware that there were different sorts. The older Puma's didn't have the rear tailgate brake light, so presumably had no connectors on the boot strut? Should I have specified when buying new struts that I needed one with a connector? Thanks

Latest posts

Back