Stereotypes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

OK so we have had posts about what age we all are or what MPG we all get but I was curious as to what profession all us Puma drivers/ lovers are ?

You have more than likely, at some point, had the "hairdressers" comment so what do you all do for living that allows you to spend your hard earned cash on your little run around/ track car/ project car ect ?

To kick it all off I am a manufacturing supervisor at Ford mtr Co.

trueblue said:
I am a manufacturing supervisor at Ford mtr Co.
Oh cool - I know who to come to for mates rates on parts then. :-D

I am a Systems Analyst for a global wholesale telecommunications company that no-one has ever heard of (but who actually operate the fastest, most reliable and most geographically diverse fibre optic internet backbone in the world - BT, Virgin, TalkTalk, Sky etc. all buy stuff from us, as well as most of the major banks, governments and stock exchanges).

evilrob said:
trueblue said:
I am a manufacturing supervisor at Ford mtr Co.
Oh cool - I know who to come to for mates rates on parts then. :-D

I am a Systems Analyst for a global wholesale telecommunications company that no-one has ever heard of (but who actually operate the fastest, most reliable and most geographically diverse fibre optic internet backbone in the world - BT, Virgin, TalkTalk, Sky etc. all buy stuff from us).
And also some sort of sales rep Rob :lol:

trueblue said:
And also some sort of sales rep Rob :lol:
Not really - I didn't disclose the company's name for a start!

There'd be little point talking them up on here as unless you've got at least £100million a year to spend, they're not interested. :shock:

I'm classed as a Technician. Working for a pharmaceutical wholesaler. I work with another person, between us looking after the main site & all it's services along with automated picking/conveyor system.

Fabricator/welder at my old mans company, although working on my maths skills to get into the RAF as an aircraft Technician.

Sweep said:
Fabricator/welder at my old mans company, although working on my maths skills to get into the RAF as an aircraft Technician.
. Good for you. Stick at it, it'll be well worth it I'm sure.

I guess I should have added a bit more detail in the original post :?
I'm a manufacturing supervisor covering mainly block and head production but also occasionally cover cam, crank and con rod. I've also had the pleasure (6yrs) of being an assembly supervisor. Machine fitter by trade with 27 years company service :grin:

Im a driver for a major parcel delivery company. (@100miles/day)
I dont do the door to door stuff (too much like hard work)
LDV or MAN 7.5 tonners mainly, but I sometimes find myself in Sprinters, Trannys and other vans.

I'm a service engineer for gym, fitness and sports equipment.
The company mostly deal with millitary and emergency services, this week I've been to Glasgow Airport fire service, HMNB Faslane and today I'm at a health resort/spa on the Isle of Arran. :)

Mrs F specialized in respiratory care. You guys should be payed in wheelbarrows full of crisp £50 notes

Bashing bits of metal is small beer in comparison :)

That's true, undoubtedly keeping our sewers and fresh water pipes flowing is important, but I can't claim half the compassion, care and dedication to our clients as you and your colleagues no doubt provide :)

To date have been a mechanic....tyre fitter...tradeplated vehicle delivery driver....trucker....chauffuer....minibus driver....now semi-retired as a School minibus driver.....covered well over 3 million miles on the road and loved every minute but have to agree wholeheartedly with above comments, nurses are worth their weight in gold and should be paid as such, my better half was a nurse for 30years, finishing up as a staff nurse in a hospice. My full respect to you pumababe :thumbs: but please make sure you leave time in your life for you.....better half did not and paid a heavy price for it

Latest posts

Back