Puma 1.7 EML light - loss of power

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenKH

Hi all, just bought my first Puma today, 2001/Y 1.7 with 77000 miles on the clock. Test drove it and everything was sweet and bought it, but on the way home, when coming onto the motorway it felt down on power, as if it was misfiring? Stopped at a services later on and when I turned the car on the engine management light came on?

Do Pumas come with a limp home mode? It feels as if the car is down on power and doesn't want to rev past 5000, I'm hoping it's something to do with the ignition. I've ordered new leads, plugs and a coil pack and I'm going to give the car a full service this week. But I was just wondering if anybody had had anything similar before or Pumas had any common issues like this?

Thanks in advance

You could do with getting it on diagnostics. Dont forget to clean MAF and you could also give lambada a clean. Where are you based.

Seg

Dont want to cause alarm but could be the Cat. Had the same issue years ago on my old Galaxy.

Had a look on the on-board computer and nothing came up on the diagnostics.

Will probably take it to Pumabuild very soon as it's about a 5 minute drive from mine and one of my mates works there to plug it into the Diagnostics machine there.

Just going to give this a bump as the issue still persists. I've replaced the coil pack, leads and plugs but no change

When the cars cold it's really down on power and lumpy. When it's warm it's a lot better, but it's like it literally has a rev limiter at 5000, engine still pulls well under that although it sometimes feels a bit slow/delayed when putting the throttle pedal down

Really want this sorted so I can enjoy my Puma properly and hopefully even get better MPG. It's just annoying that I'm strapped for cash at the minute

Get an ODB code reader plugged in, the diagnostics from the dash aren't what most expect them to be.

Latest posts

Back