Tax Disc

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzboy

Started seeing cars without a tax disc and I am not sure what to do when the time comes for the Puma. I don't think it looks 'right'.

A lad at work with a 1989 Granada has found a place that will print a replica tax disc for any date (in the past!) and he is getting a 1989 one.

Anyone running a tax disc less Puma?

Ours doesn't have one.. Mostly because it ran out on Tuesday anyway and seemed daft to keep an out of date one in the window.

There is no law stating you have to take it out, so a bobby would probably just say it's not necessary.

Unless he's a bellend of course.

:) 'bobby' , haven't heard that for a long time :grin:
It's the traffic warden clowns I was thinking about.

Well I took mine out for cosmetic reasons, but during this 'transition phase' I can't see there'll be grounds for doing somebody for displaying a tax disc, out of date or otherwise, especially as there was hardly any information offered by the DVLA about it. I only know the details from being in the motor trade.

I'm with Dal once it's expired it's coming out. I'm keeping it in until then though as I've paid for it :D

I take it the powers that be have repealed the law that makes it an offence to not display a current tax disc? Mines staying in the window and when I next tax it the receipt is going in the window.

Mine came out on the first, pretty pointless making people display a tax disc that's no longer required

I've had my renewal form for the van.
Interestingly, you can now pay monthly for your car tax!
Also, does everyone realise that you can no longer sell a car with any tax on it,
you HAVE to surrender it!

trublustu said:
Also, does everyone realise that you can no longer sell a car with any tax on it,
you HAVE to surrender it!

You will get your money back whether you like it or not!

[/quote]You will get your money back whether you like it or not![/quote]

Yeah, but only whole months, so if you sell in the first week of the month you lose out (as before if you wanted a refund)
But, the buyer must then start from the first of the month.
So win win for DVLA, a full months extra tax revenue for every used car sold from now on, unless the car is tax exempt of course :grin:

Yeah this new rule about no transferring tax is a possible pain in the arse. Can't remember exactly how it works if you buy a car, get insurance for it that day and try and get tax for it. You won't be able to get it online as they won't see that it's insured even if it is as it takes a few days to load in the system from the insurer.

Not sure if you can still get it from the post office with a printed off covernote emailed from your insurer either.

Bit of a stupid system too if you can't drive your new car which is zero rated tax :lol:

Buying a vehicle
From 1 October, when you buy a vehicle, the vehicle tax will no longer be transferred with the vehicle. You will need to get new vehicle tax before you can use the vehicle.

You can tax the vehicle using the New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) part of the vehicle registration certificate (V5C) online or by using our automated phone service - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0300 123 4321.

Alternatively, you may wish to visit a Post Office® branch.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back