Whats the 3 best things about your Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still learning about mine; I've only had it about 5 weeks but so far I would say:

1) Turn in - the best I've ever know, and I'm coming from a MK1 MR2 and before that a 206 GTi
2) Controlled body roll, especially in fast 2nd gear corners on the back roads.
2) Gear stick and gear change. Very positive and satisfying to use.

My Puma simply isn't as fast as my MK1 MR2 in a straight line but I already know that on a dry twisty A road, when you're thrashing it in 2nd around corners, there is no way I'd be able to keep up in my MR2. It simply can not turn in and corner with such high lateral G's as the Puma can on tight twisty roads. A very surprising car indeed! :)

If I can choose other things I love?

The variable speed windscreen wiper - and the remote action and self opening boot

Hmm... Only three things?
Ok, first one is how the flexible part of the exhaust always scrapes when I pull off my drive.
Second is that one parcel shelf rope that falls off of the button every time I open/close the boot.
Third is my favorite one and it's how when the handbrake is 'on' it's not 'actually' on.

1 Looks,old enough now to stand out in the crowd I,m always proud to walk up to it.
2 Engine,so smooth and economical although I don,t know what she sounds like above 6k she,s never been over 4!! :-(
3 Handling,still good 13 years down the line.

1. Handling - from another ex-Mk1 MR2 and 205 GTi owner - it's a better set up for road use than both.
2. Drivetrain - lovely perfectly weighted clutch and the best/quickest gearbox I've ever used.
3. Engine - Not powerful, but perfectly matched to the handling and gearbox and a great spread of torque and tractability. Better than the 4AGE in the MR2 (also a decent unit but more peaky and not as smooth).

1. The perfectly matched engine and gearbox.
2. Nerve gives out before road-holding.
3. The feel in the steering.

1. the metal gear knob
2. how ridiculously cheap it was and is to repair
3. overtaking people uphill :)

Having not driven mine yet even though I've owned it for two years......
The styling.... I love the Ford new edge? styling I think it looks brilliant from most angles, unlike other small coupes eg Tigra etc.
Cheap parts, typical Ford.
Values will climb as it will be a classic Ford.
Barry
PS Can't wait to try the handling as described by other members.

3 things I love about my car?

1. The way it handles
2. The amount of confidence it gives you on track to really push
3. The way it looks

Never driven an Mr2 but compared to my Exige(310 bhp/ton) in the dry the Lotus is in another league but when its damp on twisty lanes feel more confident in the Puma.On track the Puma is much easier to drive on the limit although the limit is considerably lower than the Lotus .Overall they are both fun to drive although the Lotus is not ideal on the road unless you want to lose your licence( 0-100 mph in under 9 secs.)If I had to make a choice the Exige would win but not by that much.Hope I never have to sell either but there will come a time when I won't be able to get out of the Lotus :-(

1. The smile. Something about the close ratio gearbox, the tight handling and enthusiastic engine noise always puts a smile on my face.

2. The styling. It looks like a cat about to pounce. The discrete elegant lines, the way the cut line falls in line with the rear lights and the unique fan blade wheels. I reckon it could sit in a gallery simply as a piece of art.

3. The cost. Mine is a 2nd car which I intend to keep as long as I can, so cheap running costs/parts justify that - and means the wife just about tolerates it. Simply couldn't afford to maintain any other car with pedigree

1) Looks + Character
2) Chassis + Connection with steering/drivetrain
3) Noise! :grin: :grin: :grin: :cool:

Only 2 things, sorry.

1....Only car ever to make me feel guilty about it sitting unused in garage. :-(

2....Can't bear to part with it :?

gingerdave wrote
Then get out there now and and mend it/use it :wink: :wink:

Would dearly love to do that, its sitting there just needing 2 tyres for its MOT but no way of funding those or the tax or the ins, so sadly in the garage under its cover it sits.

The looks, i still smile every time i see it.
The fact i can throw anything at it and it still runs, no complaints.
The incredibly 'connected' feel in the drive.

1 the looks. For an old car they still look modern
2 they handle really well
3 its nippy enought.

Best 3 mods.
1 st170 discs/mk3 mondy front calipers.
2 2ltr mondeo throttle body and cone filter.
3 front race/bucket seats.

Latest posts

Back