Window Seals Problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drunkennosh

just noticed today after owning my new puma for 4days that the drivers and passengers window catches the top edge of the seal when you close it.

it causes the seal to bend back on itself and tuck up between the glass and the door frame.

is this a common problem? anyone had this before? any remedies?

thanks everyone...apart from that the puma ais a top car 8)

Mine does the same.. I keep meaning to look at it.

Don't both trying to bend it back into shape it doesn't work!! lol

I was thinking of replacing them!

i used my fingers to gently prize the seals back to be on the outside and leaving alone for the moment...

8)

I noticed the same effect , pondered Duck -oil

may help things slide by without catching ,

or just turn into a sticky - Gets your clothes dirty
and SMEARS your windows
MESS !
( Did not try as it wasn't my car )

Does this happen all year round , or just Winter ?

The first thing to do is give the glass a good clean inside and out where it fits in the seal (do the rest of the window, if you feel like it!).
Next, clean the rubber seals inside and outside.

Now, you can either use a silicone spray for rubber, there's two here, Halford's own and 3 in 1:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &langId=-1

Dont spray it directly, as you will get it everywhere! Spray it on to a lint-free cloth and work it into the rubber seal, inside and out.
Close the window and ensure the seal fits correctly. Where it was folding under, insert a thin strip of card (slightly longer each side than the fold) to ease it away from the glass. Leave the window closed for a few days. If it doesn't work the first time, repeat. If it still does not work, you probably need a new seal.

You could instead, try rubbing talc inside the rubber seal after cleaning, but obviously silicone will last longer.

Yeah I've had the same problem and although I've tried a few things I ended up keeping them shut.

If you push the window inwards whilst powering it up, it doesn't catch the seal and gives the silicone time to soften the rubber.

Hi Peeps,

Anyone know if it's still possible to buy the window seals, only mine are both catching the rubber and unless I assist the window when closing and forgot the other day and ended up with some water coming through into the car ;(

Thanks,

Lawrence

RH Outer Weatherstrip - Finis Code 1101257
LH Outer Weatherstrip - Finis Code 1101258

You'll probably want to try and fix the old ones, once you find out the prices!! :cry:

I replaced my drivers one, and the prob was still there.

Open the window and try to roll the whole seal around, pulling the top towards the car. It all helps.

Also, regarding closing the window, rather than using tape or cardboard to hold the seal open, just push the glass in as it closes. Worth a try at least.

Back