Impulse buy

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trueblue

Was looking on Ebay the other day just to see what was out there. Saw a Millie with only a couple of minutes left on the auction. Not too sure why but I put in a bid and guess what ? I won :grin:
Pick it up on Monday. Just hope she isn't a bag of crap. Didn't even read the description :oops:

Oh well in for a penny in for a pound :lol:

I'll let you all know if I have wasted my money or grabbed a bargin :shock:

I love last minute eBay bids! Watching this one with interest!

i cant help this comment.,older members will understand...`men just cant help acting on impulse`..

there..i said it!

andrewjeffs said:
i cant help this comment.,older members will understand...`men just cant help acting on impulse`..

there..i said it!

It must be the Lynx effect :lol:

Have you got it yet?

Ebay can be a dangerous place in the wrong hands, when you have to explain to your wife, that you have spent a few pennies on an eBay bargain :roll:

19-07-05%20001_zpszlfjyvsx.jpg

didn't look quite like that, when we collected from an old factory in birmingham, or realise how big and heavy it was, to be towed on a huge car trailer, by a pug 405 diesel

Update so far. Gave the Millie a clean, machine polish and wax. I find this the best way to find all the defects on the bodywork. It needs a new bonnet, front and rear bumper and front nearside wing.
Picking up a wing and rear bumper at the weekend so can knock those off the list. As with most Puma's both rear arches need doing as well.
As for the mechanics of the car I still haven't had a good look but have removed the plywood that was stuffed in front of the radiator. There is a nasty oil leak, possibly from the front crank seal area, and an aftermarket water temperature switch linked to the fan. As I am working most days and not using the car I don't get much time to get into the nitty gritty of it all. I will try and get some pics uploaded soon.

I have just fell over this on ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7-Petrol-Window-Switch-Breaking-For-Spares-/221713508025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339f27a6b9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like someones breaking a millie, might be a source of yellow stuff...

Well I saw a Puma Thunder on line last night and spoke to the dealer this morning and bought it without even seeing it apart from photos and his description - so fingers crossed I've bought a good one! I'm very impulsive!!

Back